Woohoo, first trip soon :)

dubbs

Didn't know where to post this so thought I would post here.

I am going to LOS for 2 weeks in September. It has been on my mind for a long time plus all the posts here have helped a lot. I haven't planned out exactly what I want to do and where I want to go. In general I know I plan to spend most of my time in BKK and I also want to go to Phuket for at least a few days but probably 5 days max. I have read all about the P4P scene so i'm not worried that I won't get all the things I want to get done (I have a big checklist but then again don't we all?!). Asides from that, any recommendations and, or advice would be greatly appreciated. I could only be available for only 1 meetup at Gulliver's but no guarantees on that since I might end up in Phuket at that time but i'll try my best to make it to the only friday I have in the middle of my trip. If anyone wants to meet up for a beer (on me), let me know, would be nice to chat w/ someone who knows BKK plus it would be fun to go out w/ some guys where everyone goes home w/ girls(s) :)

Cheers, Dubbs

dubbs,

In a way I really envy you...Planning for the first trip ...the anticipation of "living the dream"...and then actually getting there.....

It's a long time since my first trip, but I still vividly remember many of the experiences like it was yesterday.

Although I would never stay there again, I would recommend staying your first 2 nights at the Nana...it's something everyone should do...once

My only other 2 small pieces of advice would be to throw away the To Do List, because the things to do...will find you....no worries at all about that...just...go with the flow and enjoy..

Secondly, your desire to go somewhere where everyone goes home w/girl (s)...hehehehe excuse me if I chuckle.... just sit your butt on a bar stool anywhere and it will happen... just do a little "diddlin'" before you leave the bar to convince yourself that it really IS a girl......don't worry, you'll be fine. If it's not. dump It and grab another. Much better to sort things out before you hit the room....I'm not big on surprises !!

Finally ( suggestion two and a half) keep your cash and cards under lock and key.....just keep enough in your pocket to see you through each "experience".....5k baht should be more than ample..

Enjoy, then like most others, start counting the days until the next visit...

Somebody (very intelligent) once said..."Nobody ever goes to Thailand.....once"...

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer::chili::elephant::beer:

it would be fun to go out w/ some guys where everyone goes home w/ girls(s)

ummm, almost anywhere everynight!!!

post closer to your arrival that you will be in BKK on this or that day, and I am sure you will meet plenty of guys, and PLENTY of women...

oh that first time, how it brings back memories!!!

Peace!

"..."Nobody ever goes to Thailand.....once"..."

Sad but true...my first trip was in April this year and in 10 days i go for the 3rd time. Damn Thailand!!!

"to do list" - yea get rid of that...i wanted to see things and go places when in Bkk but at the end i left the hotel during the day only to get food :D

AndyCRO said:

...i wanted to see things and go places when in Bkk but at the end i left the hotel during the day only to get food :D

See, that's the problem with you damn guys who come here 2-3 times and think you know about Thai culture.

"Oh yes, I want to get out of the hotel, see BKK, blah blah blah"

Then you admit to leaving the hotel only to get food. That's real newbie stuff.

You will not be an Old Hand until you start staying in your room 24/7 and ordering food, booze and broads from room service. :)

Archived