Do we keep the photo comp - important announcement

Nervous_Dog

OK - we've had a few hick ups, but we also have prizes, but bugger all entires?

The themes are chosen from the list you guys gave me, most popular ones are the ones we've had recently.

Still - very few entries.

I'd thought we'd get more people entering old pictures, but doesn;t seem to be the case.

SOOOO

One last try.

6 Pack of beer, bottle of Pinot Noir, and a handful of dicsount cards for the japanese massage place.

THEME CHANGE

SO

VOTE (This is a poll)

Keep this months theme - weird signs.

OR

Sexiest girl clothed in Thailand (No faces allowed)

Over to you guys, voting till Monday.

If we don;t get 20 entries this month no point to keep sponsoring it.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ND,

Big problem is, I don't have any pics from some of the categories...some involve faces of people I am not sure I want to show here...Random scenes of Thailand, random faces...I have, just not in the right category...I do like the contests, and god knows I put up enough photos in the gallery...

ND,

I'm definately warming up for the contest, but for this month I just don't have anything.

I'll keep sending in pix for other months to come tho.

Thinks it's a great idea. with or without the prices, but since the prices are there, hey, might as well grab them.

ND,

Keep it going, but really some of the themes are a bit restrictive or strange enough that it is harder to get a pic for them. I didn't send in anything this month becuae I don't have all my pics here in the states, and I have no 'strange vehicles' pics I could use. Now pic of strange signs I have a couple of. But really, just do the contests. It's bound to flucuate over time, and needs to catch on more. Truly pics of T&A would be a hit considering your audience here, just make them acceptable for the venue and privacy issues. Cleavage shots, partial clothed, naked no face shot, etc., might gain some converts and perverts to the contests. How about a contest of masked nudes? Guys can bring masks of diferent sorts and ask their lady to pose nude with the mask on? Could be some funny and/or sexy shots there, and no identification problems.

JMHO and some ideas. Hey, I had no pics of transportation that I would consider strange or funny. Next time you are up in Surin I'll see if I can get a shot of you riding a water buffalo, now that would be funny transportation, especially you naked wearing a Donald Duck mask riding the buffalo! :D :: ::

Cent

Now pic of strange signs I have a couple of.

-------------------------

speaking of which, I was surprised that a pix from Nam was accepted. Mind you, not lodging any complaints, and I actually think that will even help anyone to participate, more pix to choose from, at home and on the contest. The weird sign thing is perfect for making it an all-country theme.

We guys have the knack to choose themes we regret we did not shoot when we saw the image that would fit perfectly.

Humbling actually, you take over 10 000 shots, and not one fits the subject.

But for Songkran, i was ready! :up:

P127,

"We guys have the knack to choose themes we regret we did not shoot when we saw the image that would fit perfectly."

That's the truth! :) Once I saw the themes I was kicking myself for not having a larger size memory stick for my camera (just got 258MB stick the other day, more pix, up the quality as well) and I have so many times I could have killed myself for not having my camera on me! :: I intend on bringing my camera around with me much more often on my return to the LOS in a couple/three weeks time, JUST for the contests! :D I'll win one yet now I have some more room in the damned camera!

:yay: ::

Cent

p.s. No big deal Dog, things happen, sometimes it might not work as planned, but just keep on keepin' on. If there isn't enough interest maybe change some themes along the way to generate more interest. But give it a shot. Still new really. Now you say we got to choose the themes, but yeah I didn't choose every theme you have, and some I was more enthusiastic about then others that won really. No biggie though if one month or two don't make a big hit and a splash. They are still fun to see what does get sent in. Every contest so far has shown some great pics!

"...Next time you are up in Surin I'll see if I can get a shot of you riding a water buffalo, now that would be funny transportation, especially you naked wearing a Donald Duck mask riding the buffalo!

Cent..."

Actually, I have such a picture of him, doing just that, and more with/to a buffalo...the shot of me and the chicken is Priceless...but I digress...

ND,

How about maybe each Month we come up with a new theame, maybe propse a few, then vote on them, that way, we aren't locked into a theme months in advance...guys can decide they have a picture of one topic or another, and vote that way...Frankly, some of the categories I don't get, let alone have pictures of...

Archived