Testosterone Shots

Steve

A friend of a friend says he got these shots and it has helped revitalize him and it makes him feel 10 years younger.

Any one know 1) if that is possible and 2) if its safe? He's in his mid 40s and says it has also helped him trim down and get in shape as he can exert more at the gym, etc.

I've also recently seen reports of herbal pills that helps one's body produce more testosterone. Seems interesting but not sure of physical ramifications.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by chocolat steve:

A friend of a friend says he got these shots and it has helped revitalize him and it makes him feel 10 years younger.

Any one know

1) if that is possible

it's possible both to get testosterone shots, and that it made him feel much better. the problem is, that when you give your body testosterone, it doesn't feel the need to produce it, and your natural production goes down. it can also cause, or accelerate, hair loss.

2) if its safe?

it can also increase the possibility of prostate cancer.

He's in his mid 40s and says it has also helped him trim down and get in shape as he can exert more at the gym, etc.

there are other ways available. www.fatlosstips.com will tell you that if you eat 6 small meals a day, three hours apart, it will reduce the size of your stomach by decreasing the amount of food packled into it at meals, and increase your metabolism as your body speeds up to deal with the more frequent meals, both burning more energy and reducing the time food is in your system and available for absorbsion. the website eplains it much better than i can.

as well, taking one aspirin a day thins your blood and reduces the possibility of a heart attack, and also makes it easier to burn fat. also, you should regularly do some kind of extended arobic exercise, running, stationary bike, etc. again, refer to the fatlosstips website.

I've also recently seen reports of herbal pills that helps one's body produce more testosterone.

ive been getting great results from ashwaganda, available from www.nutritionexpress.com at $12 for 50 tablets. the bottle says to take three a day, i find that one a day is sufficient to give quite a stiffy for day to day boinking.

rather than taking testosterone, it's possible to take 'pre-cursors', the things your body assembles to make testosterone. androstendione, androstendiol, and 19-nor -stendione, all available from nutrition express, are the things mark mcguire was using. i found that they were good for lifting weights, but had a negative effect on sexual performance. these things should be used 6 weeks on, six weeks off.

i get great results from cordyceps, a mushroom product, available from www.fungi.com , also in chicken extract available in supermarkets in thailand. i used the 'brands' lable chicken extract with cordyceps, two large bottles a day, 12 hours apart. i now take two capsules from fungi.com every morning. cordyceps is reputed to increase circulation, build muscle mass, and improve sexual performance. it's effects are subtle, takes about two weeks to feel a difference.

Hi Chocolat Steve. I don't think that there is any question that large doses of testosterone can make you tremendously stronger and send your sex drive off the scale. The problem is, such massive doses can be very dangerous, as k11fan suggests--and much worse.

So, how about a "happy medium?" That is what intrigues me. However, the attached article from WebMD is of the opinion that moderate doses won't do much for most people. I'm still searching for additional opinions. http://my.webmd.com/living_better_content/sxy/article/1687.50645

Have a good one.

smile.gif" border="0

Steve,

Are you thinking of taking these at home or on your next visit to Thailand?

In Thailand Andriol is readily available in the chemists. This is a steroid, taken orally and is regarded as the safest steroid.

A theraputic dose of 1-3 tablets a day would give you increased energy and improve the old sex drive without the nasty side effects like lower testosaterone production.

Expect to pay around 100 baht for a strip of 10 tablets.

Thanks, guys, I'm constantly amazed at the breadth of knowledge of the members on this site.

I shave my head so hair loss isn't a problmem. Prostate cancer is, as I have two relatives that had it.

I'll take all of your advices into consideration. Not sure what I'll try if any. Just wanted some info to get started.

My friend does appear in better shape, which really prompted me to explore it.

Chocolate Steve, see if your friend develops any gnarly acne. Yuck. Anyway, good luck. Maybe consider posting a report, if you get into some experimentation. Lots of us would be interested in reading it. smile.gif" border="0

Originally posted by stump_dog:

In Thailand Andriol is readily available in the chemists. This is a steroid, taken orally and is regarded as the safest steroid.

i would disagree with this. no steroid is safe. i think provironum (mesterelone, 25mg)is preferable to andriol. andriol will give you a great hard on, but it also makes it hard, if not impossible, to come, and it can really inflame your scrotum.

A theraputic dose of 1-3 tablets a day would give you increased energy and improve the old sex drive without the nasty side effects like lower testosterone production.

3 tablets is a lot, and continued use of this product can lead to 'roid rage', walking around with a hair trigger temper, and being unable to control your anger once it begins. not a good idea in an area with a lot of small provovations, that can easily escalate. and providing the body with testosterone always results in lowered natural production.

Most physicians would order blood work to check the testosterone level as well as the PSA (prostate screening antigen) if one presents with the usual symptoms (decreased libido, etc.) If the PSA is in the normal range, but the testosterone level(s) are below the normal range, treatment with testosterone could be considered.

The problem with IM injections, is that over-

stimulation of the prostate will occur. This method of therapy produces peaks in blood level that drop off rather quickly. In the States, a patch treatment method has been available, although many users consider it a

hastle, especially if the patch is applied (on a daily basis) to the scrotum. Most recently, a gel with testosterone (Androgel)

hit the market. By applying a unit dose of the gel on a daily basis, there is less stimulation of the prostate; although the PSA should still be checked twice a year.

The injectible form is available in LOS; but, I am not sure about the gel. These products are quite expensive.

If acne becomes a problem, the dose can always be lowered.

It is best to be evaluated by an endocinologist.

Archived