The sin sot poll

Central Scrutinizer

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will stick my nose in this one even thou i am not married nor intend to get married at this stage.

I would pay a sinsot.

A few hundred thousand baht is small change when you look at what you would fork out for a wedding in the west and the cost of a diamond ring. It seems like it is a big issue for most Thais and i would think it is better to get off to the best possible start in your relationship with the bride to be.

Things like this can have a habit of coming back to haunt you if you try to cheap charlie on the wedding. At the end of the day if you cannot easily afford a few hundred thousand baht you probably shouldn't be getting married to a thai woman!

Nervous_Dog said:

Yeaah and nose picken on me ok!

DOG

Doggie,

Never fear, I'll not be pickin' yer runny dogghead nose my friend. Heel! Quit humpin' my leg dammit! Heel ya mangy mutt! Where's my copy of the BKK Post, wife? WHAP!!!!! These are clean chinos ya filthy dawg! Stay down.

So, will you be in BKK on the 22nd? Stopping in to Gulliver's that evening? Wanna hit the bars for a few hours? Maybe hang down in Pattaya that weekend? A day at the beach and all that fun stuff? (Jomtien, of course.)

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiitttttt! Pickin' on you? :rotfl::spin::sex::wave::beer: :beer: Hardly likely.

Good dog. Stay.

Cent

All,

Interesting numbers so far. I was under the impression alot more had paid a sin sot. Right now the numbers are almost 50/50 on this. About half pay it, and about half did not pay it. Could this be a newer trend? Or has this been the case all along? It might be interesting to do a poll asking when a member got married as well, and if he paid sin sot. I wonder if the more recently married are the ones likely to have not paid sin sot? Speak up guys. Those of you who say you didn't pay a sin sot, are you more recently married? I'm just wondering if this is a current trend. Most farang men I know who have gotten married paid some sin sot. Curious.

Cent

Cent said:

All,

Interesting numbers so far. I was under the impression alot more had paid a sin sot. Right now the numbers are almost 50/50 on this. About half pay it, and about half did not pay it. Could this be a newer trend? Or has this been the case all along? It might be interesting to do a poll asking when a member got married as well, and if he paid sin sot. I wonder if the more recently married are the ones likely to have not paid sin sot? Speak up guys. Those of you who say you didn't pay a sin sot, are you more recently married? I'm just wondering if this is a current trend. Most farang men I know who have gotten married paid some sin sot. Curious.

Cent

I'm wondering if it's more likely guys that are not married and voted anyway just to see the results.

/Didn't vote, but would be interested in hearing of the results. ::

First post I'm making - interesting topic.....

Paid a sin sort of 100,00 bht which it was pre-agreed would be returned to us straight away. Her father gained face from being given the money but gained even more face by returning it an hour later in front of all the wedding guests.

This was all negotiated by my wife, who had already been to the UK on a visitors visa before we married, and realised that western streets are not "paved with gold".

We actually agreed with her father that rather than paying a lump sum it would be better if we sent a little money as and when it was needed. Had we given a lump sum he'd have only blown it on face gaining crap.

Cheers

Noknmai

Archived