Dutch restaurant

khunsanuk

Hi,

Found out today that there is supposedly another Dutch restaurant in BKK, other than the Old Dutch.

This place is on Soi Suan Suwat (??) off Rama IV.

Can anybody confirm this? And seeing that I am not familiar with the soi, could someone tell me where this soi is?

Sanuk!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Sure, as long as the same recipe is used (same procedures, same ingredients).

Don't see how it would make any difference if I would make a Dutch meal, or my Thai wife would make one doing exactly the same thing to the exact same ingredients. The result will be the same, Dutch food.

Sanuk!

Speaking of Old Dutch, I am always looking for new and 'exciting' places to take my gf to try the food - a bonus if they are close to where I live.

I remembered Old Dutch as a meeting place before forays to SC and decided it was worth a try. We were the only diners (about 5pm weekday) when we were there.

She had some sort of fried rice dish and it made her vomit later. I had the wonderful dish called 'chicken surprise' which resembled cordon bleu. The only surprise for me was that I did not join my gf praying to the porcelain god later. It was not too good and the mashed potatoes they served were more like mashed bowling ball.

Anyway, what are those pancakes they have advertised? Begins with a 'p?' Any good?

Archived