Baby coming

Fatbastard

Mr Fatbastard's little girl is due to calve 1st March. We have been using Samitivej Hospital on Soi 49, but two things rile me. The bastard Security Guards insist I park my 240Kg Motorcycle in the scooter park (where it obviously doesn't fit) so at the Doc's suggestion I wrote to their PR dept who didn't even bother to reply, that pissed me big time. (Nothing beats a farang in high dungeon mode) But the most important gripe is that while the Doc is great, we are being overserviced with a multitude of tests (all of which prove OK) almost every month. It ends up costing me 3000 to 6000 Baht monthly and so I'm sure the cost of actual birth will be in enough to repay Thailands national dept. I'm sure someone has had recent experience in this matter so would be forever grateful for any advice on a suitable hospital near Thonglor.

Big kev, I think that was FB33 who has been strangly quiet in his promise to loose 2 k's a week OR failing that buy us all a nights "entertaiment" at a pleasure dome of our choice. Where are you FB33 ? In fact I am a tolerable 95 Kg and 1.85 tall so not too obese compared with the large gutted ones I see in my travels. Thanks for your kind wishes, my first offspring at the age of 53, many say I'm a little young for it but I think they are confusing age with emotional maturity.

QUOTE]congratulations and way to go ya geezer Thanks KohMarco, at least you had the sensitivity not to call me an OLD Geezer. laugh.gif" border="0 My favorite pastime now is pulling my ZZR1100 into The soi 7 food area with my largely pregnant girl on the back and watch what can only be called the look of disgust "Mum & Dad on their world tour" give me when I take off my helmet and they see I am an old geezer.

quote:

Originally posted by Fatbastard:

I'm sure someone has had recent experience in this matter so would be forever grateful for any advice on a suitable hospital near Thonglor.

Hi Fatbastard,

Petcharavej hospital, its on Petchaburi road at the bottom end of Thonglor, great hospital and will save you mega bucks, About 15 thousand for a package of all check ups, medicine during the pregnancy and the birth + hospital stay all included. I can give you more info if you want just send me a private message.

Racha,

Quite a few friends girlfriends and wives have given birth recently and here is a breakdown of what they paid. One girl had a natural birth at Chulalongkorn hospital and was in there for 4 nights, the total cost was 1800 baht. A workmate's wife had a cesarian about three weeks ago in a government hospital. Can't remember the name but it was in the Victory Monument area and the total cost was 9,000 baht. The final fellow, a guy who used to live in my apartment, well his wife had a baby in the one and only Bumrungrad. The total cost was 80,000 baht and he told me that "that included a shitload of supplies" - but exactly what that meant, I do not know.

I have heard that many of the private hospitals try and push you towards a cesarian...apparently there is more money in that for them...

All three said that they were happy with the medical care and treatment that their respective Mrs received.

Stick

quote:

Posted by Racha

Petcharavej hospital, its on Petchaburi road at the bottom end of Thonglor, great hospital and will save you mega bucks,

Hi Racha,

Petcharavej is the hospital I normally use, if only for the fact that they have my details on file and it saves me filling out silly application forms when I need a quick diagnosis.

Most Thais I know rate Petcharavej as a 'second division' hospital and while I've always been very happy with the service there, it is a little 'rough around the edges'.

Fat Bastard, you don't sound as though you're on the breadline so I would be inclined to look for something a wee bit posher. I've heard good things about the Camillian hospital on Thong Lor, which is near Petcharavej. Check them both out!

Archived