Cures for the Bangkok Blues

Steve - good post. For me, though, I don't even WANT the fantasy of thinking that these bargirls are falling in love with me. That way, I can focus on the quite enjoyable activity of having sex, rather than taking the chance of falling in love by the delusions I might allow myself. Its how I stay safe. Just me. The love thing is a dangerous thing to play with, particularly with women who are, quite literally, trained on ways to make guys like us love them.

Also, one sympton of the Blues is sometimes sending bargirls money. I've done it a couple of times, but never support money (I sent one girl a birthday present of some cash, for example) but its what I wanted to do and never based on a request from the girl. The difference is wanting to be thoughtful, vs. the feeling that I was trying to save the girl from prostitution. That's very difficult and is one of the things that gets guys into trouble, and thereby, the blues.

I totally agree with you on how other women perceive you once you are no longer "hungry" or "desperate". Its totally ironic that the best way to find a woman is to not look for them. The best way to get a good looking woman - of any race - to notice you, is to appear disinterested. WHY are they like that?

I don't agree with you on the Brad Pitt comment. I think I'D do Brad Pitt, even if he wasn't a movie star. (Did I really say that? LOL) Not that there's anything wrong with that! Thanks. Chicago Dave

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to conduct a study. Place Brad Pitt in the middle of LA and me in the middle of Pattaya with several thousand baht at my disposal and we'll see who gets the most women in a 24 hour period. He'd probably still win as I'm not as young as i used to be and may have to rest.

Anyway, even the straight business sex of it when i know its because its a slow night, is still an attraction in LOS as opposed to the west.

The closest I've felt to LOS was when I was in Finland and other nordic countries during college one summer in Europe. It was practically limitless! Bottomline is, as men, its estimated we think about sex in one manner or another practically every minute or other minute. LOS resolves that issue for us, plus add in the way the BGs approach us and is it any wonder?

When in LOS I can relax and have fun knowing one of the hardest things that men encounter (getting sex and in abundant variety) is not an issue. In fact, its like too much candy in the proverbial candy store at times.

I honestly think that if enough western men made the trip (& hold down the prices!--smile), it would change things at home. Call me crazy (as I'm sure some of you will!) but the men I know that have been usually do not accept half the games women play any longer or don't care to even engage in it.

Archived