Dress for Success or as Tourist?

Pat_from_Jersey

Dress for yourself and who you want to attract, Gummi will tell you I've been know to go to bars in shorts, he wont talk to me while I'm there though!

But sometimes, that's all I feel like wearing, othertimes, if I am going to Emporium or Siam, and could bump into work people, I dress nicely,

DOOG

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dress for yourself and who you want to attract, Gummi will tell you I've been know to go to bars in shorts, he wont talk to me while I'm there though!

But sometimes, that's all I feel like wearing, othertimes, if I am going to Emporium or Siam, and could bump into work people, I dress nicely,

If your worried a cute bar girl won;t go with you though, don;t be, as long as you have a full wallet, that's all she cares about!

DOOG

If there is one criticism I would make of Asia's 'dress code', its that its even more conformist than your average staid Farangland town. Places like Beijing and Tokyo might have a few token 'punks', but even that look is a manufactured, cliched version of the real thing. I dont recall seeing Paul Weller sporting a purple mohawk ...

You dont have to go to Asia to see this conformist dress sense, but its always refreshing to have a few characters in the midst of all that conformity.

I'm sure that Bangkok has its share of 'eccentric haunts', places where they value individuality, but the average venue just wants people who dont stand out from the crowd by virtue of their dress or behaviour. All you need to do is blend into the scenery and smile. Or slip on a frock and some heels. ::

chelseafan said:

I don't think clothes cut it for the girls. Being devastatingly good looking probably go's the furthest...Oh and of course the wallet.

555555---- Of course your looking in the mirror with this statement. ::

Yes, dgl, does count to some degree along with the wallet. I have not been a resident of the LoS, but have been visiting Siam for 17 years. Pattaya and Patong have dress criteria disparate from a more cosmopolitan Bangkok. At sundown, I wear jeans/trou in the mango. Whatever, clean duds is a given, All things being =, even bar girls prefer, imo, punters with the better dress code. I reckon so.

Hi!

even bar girls prefer, imo, punters with the better dress code.

This holds true for Pattaya as well. I normally dress for the beach when I'm here but on a few occasions I have gone to bars while dressed for going to the air port. I always dress well well when I fly home as I think this will increase my chances of a free upgrade. The comments from the girls are that I should dress like this more often.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived