Hi-So and top end places - whats the deal ?

torrenova

ND,

Hahaha. Yeah, I have a Tourist Police sticker in the window, the brother-in-law's old police ID hanging from the rear view mirror, and a small BIBrown police cap on the dashboard as well. Usually gets a chuckle from the boys in brown when I put the cap on when I am stopped. :D There a shop in the main Bangkok staion that sells all sorts of police gear, and they don't seem too particular to who they sell it to!

Cent

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>You can buy the real police car badges at the police supply shop, oppisate Immigration in the Soi off SIlom.<<<

Don't know if these wil do you any good.

The stickers I'm talking about are those issued by or to senior police or military etc. The have an expiry date and carry a signature of usually someone quite senior. You don't want to get caught with a fake one on your car window.

Elef was talking about his HiSo GF, who, after getting stopped, could continue without paying a fine.

I contest that if she's real HiSo, she would have made sure she's not stopped in the first place. A little sweet talk by a girl and she get off most of the time without a fine anyway. Nothing HiSo about it.

She: Sarawat Khaaaaaaa.

He: Khun Noo, Pom Khae Nai Daap Khrap Pom

She: Nai anakhot mai nae na tja, Khun Tamruat.

And off she goes.

This reminds me a story my thai friend in SF, told me. he is definitely hi-so (though not in behaviour), socially.

Living in SF, I don't think he has any of these stickers, but he was stopped in BKK for doing something wrong driving and passed to the cop the card of a top police officer.

He actually felt ashamed (living in the States does that to you, and actually his feelings made me proud of being his friend) after the cop told him " yes, i am a nobody, so you can make trouble for me. Not every cop is corrupted, you know. i came from a small town and to be a policeman for me is trying to do good things, to be useful. But people like you discourage me, it's always who you know".

:( :( :( :( :(

Archived