Hi-So and top end places - whats the deal ?

torrenova

Hmmm...I see we share a common bond!! No doubt you logged some time over at Harcum Jr. College,,,you remember "Harcum Park'em and fuck 'em in the dark'em..." Ah the memories...yes, I spent about 5 minutes at a prestigious private school off Lancaster avenue, where it was strongly reccomended I take my "ghetto ass back to San Francisco..." Which I did shortly there after...oh, also got thrown out of a prestigious suburban high school as well...not quite Lower Marion..."older money" than that! :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to much partying at Harcum Jr. Remember, i was 16-17 at the time. I lived almost on campus of Bryn Mawr College. Talk about hi-so. :: Know(knew) Lancaster Ave, but lived on Montgomery Ave. Villanova U. was a few miles up the pike.

Well for me the Thais that are seen on TV being refered to as Hi-So are nothing more than people with too much money, not enough between their ears and very very little class or taste...

There was a program recently where 3 trashy " Hi-So" tv clebs went to stay in an Isaan village... they showed themselves up for what they are...Rich Brats...the stars of the show were the local villagers who had more personality and knew how to conduct themselves...

Nothing gives me more pleasure whilst driving than giving the finger to some "Hi-So" twat in a merc who has just tried to bully his way in front of me... the look on their face tells that they have never been treated in this way...:)

Cheers

Roger

Roger,

"Nothing gives me more pleasure whilst driving than giving the finger to some "Hi-So" twat in a merc who has just tried to bully his way in front of me... the look on their face tells that they have never been treated in this way...:)"

Take it easy where you wave that finger around. A German guy in Surin a few years back did the same, and wound up shot dead in his car for doing so. Thais seem to know exactly what the bird means, and do not take kindly to some farang waving them off. The Thai man's excuse was he lost his temper when the farang flipped him off. I don't remember exactly what he was given for a sentence (if any) but the farang is dead these few years now. Not how I'd want to go over a silly traffic lane offense. :: Jai yen yen! :) Or ... take a taxi instead maybe. :spank:

Cent

elef,

Yeah, or actually get away with murder maybe, you think? :: Just don't see it as worth the potential consequences here (no matter how good it would likely feel to flip off some hi-so Benz driving nitwit, besides if he was truly hi-so he'd have a driver and a bodyguard as well). Hell, it's bad enough doing this in the states on my own turf. Here I take a much more laid back attitude to this stuff. I've driven in Bangkok a few times. What's another few minutes in the scheme of life really? :)

Cent

murder yes, many remember a certain owner of a certain night venue who murdered a farang girl stealing her boyfriend

she's not even hi-so but of course very rich

hi-sos are not so rich normally and the younger ones have high school and often also university educations from Australia or USA

Archived