Hi-So and top end places - whats the deal ?

torrenova

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Plenty of HiSo's in my hometown studying/touristing you could give the finger too with unpunity from their pathetic gun law (not that I'm so bad mannered to exercise this!)...to be fair I dont see many thug types around and are very polite, how do you spot a HiSo Thai thug anyway?

>>>I hear alot at these events who took the most recent trip abroad and where they went and what they did(i.e. bought)<<<

But more importantly "how much" did it cost.

Shopping at world reknown places seems to be foremost on their minds. Thai HiSo don't go to Paris to do things. They go to shop, but only at the Champs Elysee. And I've met a few that bought in one spree just about all available in one designer shop or the other. Actually had one coming over to give us something bought on a recent trip. Not just a nice shirt or something she was going to give, but a whole box load full. Worse is that's its difficult to decline such gifts, without major loss of face.

No wonder the government wants to set up OTOP shops at such places around the world. Hoping their own will be the best customers perhaps.

>>>GF could by rank and number identify that they were a guard of honour of a princess but just a HH (not a HRH)<<<

Rank and file of Thai police or military are easy to identify if one knows what to look for.

>>Also astonishing is that she doesn't have to say anything or phone her auntie if a policeman stops her car for violating some traffic rule<<<

Just the right sticker on your front window, and you won't get stopped at all.

Guest lazyphil

<<Just the right sticker on your front window, and you won't get stopped at all.>>

Can I buy one of these stickers on Koa San road!...be handy eh ::...I'd like to feel important in mickey mouse land for the day!!

Archived