Hi-So and top end places - whats the deal ?

torrenova

He's not famous enough for them? Their friends wouldn't immediately know he was super-rich, from a great family, etc, so it wouldn't give them any face at all. Would Thais even know, say, JFK Jnr or Prince William above a locally famous and wealthy family?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

I dont think HiSo's anywhere stray far from their own ilk nevermind race. Look what happened to Princess Di (LP dons his conspiricy hat again ::)

OH, and others,

>>>that these "HiSos" really don't like to mingle with farangs<<<

Have to disagree a bit with this statement. You'll be surprised at the number of High Level Thai males with faragn wifes.

A previous PM, and a current Minister and a few senators come to mind.

HiSo parties are extemely boring, unless you have something of real high value to show off. That's usually what such are about anyway. A new ferrari perhaps, or a >10 carat stone. It's about to be seen and be noticed.

Hey :drunk:

used to like hanging out in BKK's fashion shows...actually too bad I lost mobile phone and most numbers of people I used to hang out with when living in BKK... dunno much with who going out after the gorgeous birds now that I'm back for a couple of weeks... can't count how many trash material I've done during the last two years of frequent short trips to BKK... ain't getting any better...funny thing is I kindda moved to Paris with the same arrivist mentality and nowadays consider an ashkenaze girlfriend about the must in town :doah: ... but sure after drinks with -selected- mates :beer:

Old Hippie said:

"...I have been to a few weddings, fashion shows and charity events with my hi-so "Thai aunts" and I can tell you that the shit is boring and nothing more than a networking gossipping function..."

JJ,

Not picking on you here, but you seem to know, so I'll ask...I have been told by someone who is very well connected to high government officials and banking people, that these "HiSos" really don't like to mingle with farangs. True, they may do it for business purposes, but really hate doing so, and certainly wouldn't want their children to marry a farang, no matter his status, hence, introductions and such might be out. Your comments please?

Well I can only speak on my observations with the circle of Thais that I know. They are mostly from BKK, Chiang Mai and a couple of other provinces that are wealthy and political clout. They are also all university educated with about 2/3 of them spending some part of their educational or work experience outside of Thailand and every one of them have traveled outside of Thailand.

What you describe may be the old skool way of thinking but the generation of Thais that I know do not think the same way. Hell almost all of their kids as well as the parents were educated or worked in the West. Most of the chicks have dated Western guys while studying abroad and all of the Thai dudes I know want a piece of blond haired, blue eyed, big tittied swimsuit model ass.

I would say that 1/3 of my "Thai aunts" that I would classify as hi-so married a westerner. The funniest thing was that they did not marry a farang because of overpowering love or he was gorgeous, rich and swept them of their feet; the most consistent answer I have heard from each one of them is that they maried a farang because they did not want to be in a marriage to a Thai man. They felt that the Thai marriage would have confined them and they wanted to be free.

Interesting how we always talk about Thai women and "love" on this board yet the few Thai women that I know that did not have to marry for financial security and could have married simply for "love" did not. They married for other reasons and the primary one being that they did not want to be a traditional Thai way in a traditional marriage with a Thai man.

Now I am sure you still have those hi-so Thais that believe in Thai-Thai only marriages and view marriage as a social alliance building tool but I don't personally know any of them.

I will tell you this much I have been matched with other Thai women whom my aunts thought were suitable for me yet none of them were their "daughters" I wonder why? A couple of their daughters are freaking hot ( yet most are rather plain)!

orandanodes said:

HiSo parties are extemely boring, unless you have something of real high value to show off. That's usually what such are about anyway. A new ferrari perhaps, or a >10 carat stone. It's about to be seen and be noticed.

You forgot to mention who is wearing what designer gown from a recent shopping trip and was that trip to Paris, New York, London or Hong Kong.

I hear alot at these events who took the most recent trip abroad and where they went and what they did(i.e. bought)

Hi,

my new TGF is hi-so, has a rich father and is a relative of Mrs T. Simple clothes but like a lady with long skirts and sometimes shorts outside BKK. What astonished me is that all hi-sos know eachother, a few months ago we were sitting in the lobby of Oriental, some officers were waiting too. GF could by rank and number identify that they were a guard of honour of a princess but just a HH (not a HRH). Not much later the princess came down from a party, she said hello to me and GF (they just met once in a wedding 2 years ago) and left.

Also astonishing is that she doesn't have to say anything or phone her auntie if a policeman stops her car for violating some traffic rule, he knows that this girl is hi-so and just salutes and let her go whatever she did.

elef

"...What astonished me is that all hi-sos know eachother, a few months ago we were sitting in the lobby of Oriental, some officers were waiting too. GF could by rank and number identify that they were a guard of honour of a princess but just a HH (not a HRH). Not much later the princess came down from a party, she said hello to me and GF (they just met once in a wedding 2 years ago) and left..."

I recall living outside of Philadelphia years back, and shagging a rather slutty memebr of the Biddle family, they are known to slum it with us common trash. Seemed all the families knew who was from where, and how related to what guy at the top of the "known family." A lot like being in the Mafia I guess"...friend of ours...friend of mine..."

The "main line" outside Philly? I spent two years of high school at Lower Merion SHS, and partyed hard with the progeny of the upper crust. Fond memories. Or is that mammories? ::

Archived