Pattaya QUIET hotel rooms

devalover

Cumcannon said:

Any hotel on the north end should be quiet. Sabai Inn, Sabai Lodge, Welcome Inn are a few that come to mind. Sandy Springs is on soi 13. Reports of construction noise on that soi right now. Another popular, quieter one is the Areca Lodge on soi Diana and only a 3 or 4 minute bahtbus ride to Walking street. The noisiest hotels are on Walking st and on soi 7 and soi 8 which have lots of blaring music.

There are many many hotels that are extremely quiet if you want to venture a bit away from the action. Residence Garden and the Dynasty Resort come to mind. I stayed at the Dynasty resort in July 2003 and it was very quiet and peaceful and had no problems back and forth to walking st.

I'll second Inn House, across from Sandy Spring. I've stayed there 3 times in the last 4 months and it's been OK. Most of the heavy construction/piledriving seems to have stopped.

Sabai Lodge is quiet, as is Sabai Inn- USUALLY. Right now, Sabai Inn is remodeling- mostly a daytime thing. The smell of the adhesives that they are using to glue the wood paneling to the walls is kind of obnoxious.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pale_Rider said:

If you don't mind spending some extra baht, the Siam Bayshore at the very south end of Walking St. will fit your mood.

The Siam Bayshore Resort is a nice place to stay but they are Not Guest Friendly! ::

I dont know if the same applies to their sister property though :dunno:

damen said:
Pale_Rider said:

If you don't mind spending some extra baht, the Siam Bayshore at the very south end of Walking St. will fit your mood.

The Siam Bayshore Resort is a nice place to stay but they are Not Guest Friendly! ::

I dont know if the same applies to their sister property though :dunno:

PR>> I've stayed at the Siam Bayshore many times since 1989, and did not have a problem with quests. If you book direct with the hotel, pay for a double, and at regestration include "a name" of your companion you should have no problem. Security will have yor name and rm.# on a clipboard allowing passage. Getting to know the front desk staff is a plus.

Whitney said:

These are a couple that I have stayed at, usually quiet.

sabailodge.com

sandyspringhotel.com

Also stayed at Sandy Springs on a recent (very) short visit.

Thought it to be more than acceptable by Pattaya standards. Paid 1300 Baht "deluxe" room = sea view (no breakfast)

Checked Xmas rates (25 Dec - 5 Jan) and this room will be 1700Baht ( or 1600 if you join as "member" 350 baht p.a.) So, stay 4 nights and save the princely sum of 50Baht!!

Guys, any suggestions of better acommodation at around the same price??

Understand Areca and Residence Gardens both get some good reports, but have not stayed there before. Wife will be with me, so no need for guest friendly ( not that there's much in Pattaya at this price level that's not!!)

More important is location, don't want to be stuck out in the Boonies!! Need to be reasonably close to Royal Garden Plaza, as "She who must be obeyed" likes leaving chunks of "hard earned" there and does not like carrying heavy shopping bags too far.......How quickly they turn into falangs 555

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer: :beer:

I too am a light sleeper, and always request 'a room in a quiet area' when making my reservation. Most of the time hotels can accomodate such a request.

In Pattaya I stayed at the Marriott, and it was mai pen rai (no problem)! The cost is higher than many places in Pattaya, but the location is great and I'd recommend it.

Archived