Thai superstions

saucier01

(1) Do not bend down and look between your legs. You will see a ghost.

(2) Do not sweep dirt out of the front entrance. It will make all your money go away.

(3) Do not sweep at night. It is bad luck.

(4) Do not clean the spider web at night. You will lose all your money.

(5) Do not open an umbrella in the house. It will make you bald.

(6) Do not eat candy that has dropped on the floor. It now belongs to the ghost.

(7) Do not put valuable things away at night. The ghost will see and steal it.

(8) Do not keep broken Buddha images in the house. It will cause your family to be separated.

(9) Do not tell other people about your bad dream when you are eating. If you do it will come true.

(10) Do not rock an empty cradle. Your child will become sick.

(11) Do not throw anything onto the roof of the house. It is bad luck.

(12) Do not tap a kid on his head. It will make him a bed wetter.

(13) Do not enter a house through the window. Bad luck will come to that house.

(14) Do not allow wedding guests break any plates or glasses. It will cause the couple to become separated.

(15) If you have a scratch, do not attend a cremation. It will make your scratch infected.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wife just reminded me of one. I just moved into a new place. Wife made sure that the first thing brought in were new bottles of cooking oil and fish sauce, and bags of rice & sugar. She says that her Mom taught her that this would ensure prosperity.

Hopefully,

SD

I think both the Chinese and Spanish variety do it so it seems its based on exposure and hearsay verse familial/ethnic tradition. Flips are basically a superstitious lot so if they think somethings going to give them good luck, wealth etc they will most likely do it.

Archived