Random Foreigners Being attacked by gangs

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fidel said:

"BTW in NOT ONE of the above cases did the Thai police make arrests."

When another American and myself were attacked, no police showed up at the hospital to take a report. When I got out of the hospital and felt better, I filed a report. The police told me that such violent crimes were happening every night and that violent crimes are on the rise.

Topcatta said:

[color:red]

Walk softly and carry a big stick...Expect the fuckers.
[/color]

One of my friends is scared shitless of being attacked. Him and his girlfriend carry an assortment of weapons to slow down the bandits if they should be attacked.

I have noticed that a lot of Thais are afraid to go out at night. They fear being attacked.

Quite a few people generalizing the fact that many violent crimes occurr in every major international city across the globe.

Name a city of over 5 million that has no incidence of violent crime every day?

Threads like this make me cringe....100% subjective opinions and everyone on their soapbox.....There are so many variables that would go into what puts someone at risk that differ from person to person that this is a bit ridiculous.

Keep your guard up, change your routine, don't be stupid....

I suppose I should have qualified my posting by saying that I have never had a problem in Thailand, at least not with a Thai. I had run-ins with Brits and Aussies, but never with a local.

I feel safer in Hua Hin at night than I do in Dublin, where I personally have been attacked on the street on three occasions.

Having said that, nobody I know has been shot, murdered, beaten with bats, pulled from a motorbike or car-jacked in Dublin.

In reply to:
"If your set upon by a couple of knife weilding robbers and you kill them with the set of nuchuka's you bought on lower Suk,how do you stand legally?Thanx"

In the US we have a saying that goes something like this: [color:red]"It is better to be tried by 12 then to be carried by 6."[/color]

Unless of course you live in California, where if you shoot a burgler in your home, you could be tried for dening him of his civil liberties, denial of his right to seek suitable employment, possession of (gasp horror) a hand gun...it gets crazy at times...

I'm sure this stuff happens. I have walked the streets of Bangkok and Pattaya very very late at night for over 10++ years and never, not once have I had a problem. I have seem many problems happen to other people over the years late at night. Usually, under 30 year old guys from the states or europe so drunk they can not see. Just my opinion.

Archived