Bumrungrad, Soi 49, or?

The Dental Hospital on Soi 49 is cheaper than Bumrungrad. As far as getting there, it depends on the time of day (Sukhumvit traffic).

I have another alternative for you if you will be staying at The Majestic. There is an excellent female dentist now located on the lower level of The Landmark (same level as

The Huntsmans Pub). Dr. Ladda is very affordable and not overbooked. She also speaks English. Simply walk in and talk to her. I've seen her twice; and, I know she is very affordable as well. Twice I walked in and she was able to take care of me right away ... no waiting!

Chok dee

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Petchburi Pete--

Didn't she have her office down around the 40's or so (Soi 40ish?) back in mid or late 2001? If so, I know that at least five of our top UPS people go to her for their routine and family dental needs... Excellent pricing and excellent results. I've never used her personally, but the reports are glowing.

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Argh!

I'm in kampuchea at the moment and a tooth I had root canal done BROKE! Meaning, 1/4 of the tooth broke off two nights ago while trying to eat some french bread! There is no pain since there are no more nerves in that tooth. However, what is left of the tooth is a RAZOR SHARP SHARD of a tooth and it's driving me NUTS! @#$%

I've searched through the previous postings on dentists and bumrungrad and soi 49 seems to come up. I just wanted some last minute reassurance on these two hospitals. I gather that the dental hospital on 49 is more expensive but has better service? If possible, I'd like to head to bumrungrad since it will be close to where I'll be when I arrive in Bangkok tomorrow. Check in at majestic and sprint over to a clinic! But that's not my priority. My priority is cost/service. This tooth broke due to procrastination and mortal terror of dentists! Any advice, reassurances greatly appreciated. smile.gif" border="0

P.S.

If the consensus is soi 49, is the fastest/easiest way there by taxi or bts? Thanks again!

NPP,

Thanks for the tip on Dr Ladda. I will check her out.

Tyler,

Come on man. Suck it up. The tooth is filled so you probably are safe from infection. And, the nerve is removed. You have nothing to fear. Don't even let it ruin a day. A competent dentist will shape the edges, install a temporary cap, and you'll be golden. Relax smile.gif" border="0

@#$% argh!!!!! sonofa @#$%

It seems I'm gonna need a bunch of dental work. frown.gif" border="0

Thanks for the great info on Dr. Ladda. I just checked with her since she was so close to me. She did speak great english and very cooperative. I did have to wait an hour though when I dropped in. This is probably due to the New Year's celebration for tomorrow. I'm to check back with her on weds to make a final decision on going through the procedure with her or not.

What I am weighing is the cost. Not only did my tooth fall apart, it was due to a freaking cavity!!!! I will also need a pin along with a new composite crown since I have the grand canyon opening in my tooth. Cost? Pin is 3000b for a composite. Crown will be 9000b for 51% gold composite. PLUS 600b for ANOTHER FREAKING cavity on another tooth that may have been caused by contact with my messed up tooth. DAMMIT TO HECK! Grand total aprox. 12600b! frown.gif" border="0

I am gonna check with the soi 49 dental clinic on weds to see what their prices are like. I'm gonna immediately say I'm a phobiac cuz I am sorta scared shitless about the procedure.... According to Dr. Ladda, I'll need to have 3 visits within a 2 week period. Lotsa DRILLING frown.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0

Anyhoo, I'd greatly appreciate a quick route to soi 49 dental clinic using either taxi or skytrain. Hmmn, maybe I can asked to get gassed up. shocked.gif" border="0

miserable in LOS!

Tyler,

For the last time, this is nothing to get worried about. There is not enough exposed tooth left to which she can connect a cap. So, she will put a pin or two into your empty (root already removed) tooth orifice, and fill the rest of the void with cement. Actually, she probably will put a little cement in first, and let it set for a second, and then press the tiny rod in. So, you may feel your jaw being slightly pressed. But, pain won't be involved. You won't need gas or any shots. Chill out, for God sakes.

It ain't my wallet, but for THB12,000, I'd go ahead and get the cap. You probably could have the tooth pulled for under THB4,000, but that would hurt, and then you might be left with a problematic gap.

Just be like many of the other guys on this board, and go without BGs for a few weeks. That will zero-out your budget issue.

Maybe this will be a lesson to you to stop chewing ice, hard nuts and deep-fried fish bones. And, if you ever get the Thai police and or mafia after you, you might also want to be careful not to nervously grind your teeth while "sleeping" at night. That also is hard on the ol' choppers. cool.gif" border="0

Archived