Australian and American die of partying to hard:

SiamIAm

The bodies of an Australian man and his American friend were found slumped together on the floor of a guest house bar in the northern Thai city of Chiang Mai on Monday, police said.

An initial investigation found Charles Clayton Burgess, 39, from Box Hill in NSW, and Scott Ray Sturgess, 42, from San Diego, California, may have died from heart failure after drinking too much, police Lieutenant Colonel Boonlert Jantanoodej said.

The Nation newspaper said Burgess was the owner of the bar-guest house and Sturgess was a friend who was in Thailand as a tourist.

The two men had been drinking with friends in the ground floor bar of the guest house from midday on Sunday, Boonlert said.

They were last seen still drinking and shooting pool early on Monday.

The two men were found slumped on the floor near the pool table later this morning, Boonlert said.

A post-mortem exam found traces of narcotics in their blood but there was no physical sign on their bodies that they had used drugs, he said.

Advertisement

AdvertisementPolice said the cocktail of drugs and alcohol could have contributed to their deaths.

Chiang Mai is close to the Golden Triangle, the drug-producing region where the borders of Burma, Laos and Thailand meet.

AP

(One of my top 5 ways to go... :))

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mutual suicide?.............will probably be the Official Thai version.

i wonder?.........2 Men dead together in a room (with ? evidence of drug abuse) and what might we tell from this?.

perhaps they were 'friends' and overdosed on the Amiyl Nitrate?.

who knows,i don't know.

First they led us to Afghanistan, then Iraq, now oblivion - jeezus ....

One of the posters at Thaivisa (mickmac) had this observation:

The photo on the front page of the local chiang mai paper shows the bodies draped one across another, as if they both died at almost the same time. In fact the photo looks as if one of the guys is performing oral sex on the other, his head in the lap of the other guy. Not a plastic bag, pair of hand cuffs or telephone cable in sight, but the way the bodies are lying is very strange, anyone else see the photo's and think it strange?

Not having access to the photos, I cant comment, but it seems that mysterious hotel room deaths in Thailand arent given the same rigorous investigative treatment that they would receive elsewhere.

sayjann said:

mutual suicide?.............will probably be the Official Thai version.

i wonder?.........2 Men dead together in a room (with ? evidence of drug abuse) and what might we tell from this?.

Only sure thing to read into this is that they are both DEAD.

Why?? Who knows, but the likelyhood of 2 guys "binge drinking" themselves to death at exactly the same time is almost as believable as the guy that suicides by stabbing himself in the back 43 times, while his hands are tied behind his back and his head is wrapped in plastic !!!

Wonder how the "narcotics" were administered ?????

Foie gras is an interesting concept !!

Again the famous Thai phrase comes to mind...... Not my business !!

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer:

"Why?? Who knows, but the likelyhood of 2 guys "binge drinking" themselves to death at exactly the same time is almost as believable as the guy that suicides by stabbing himself in the back 43 times, while his hands are tied behind his back and his head is wrapped in plastic !!!"

Yes ... the simultaneous death from alcohol is extremely unlikely and very suspicious. Double overdose wouldn't seem so impossible though. Those guys might have absorbed too strong or too badly mixed a product. Sometimes U hear in the west of string of ODs linked to a single source.

Besides I thought I was about to die last night while throwing up in the toilets. Needed all the dedication in the world to get back to the living room and honour the 2 birds I'd brought over. Vague memories... yet I still managed to call my regular after they left... When U have the spirit... and Kemagra...

This aftenoon after the maid left I had the surprise to see two guys knocking my room's door, one was fully masked as if entering a radioactive zone, carrying a huge spray... Reminded me of Burrough's exterminator... actually came to disinfect the bathroom... far off...Sure this evening I won't start downing Singha after Singha while surfing the net... Try to stand up in BED or CM2...

Archived