Australian and American die of partying to hard:

SiamIAm

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was in the Army, there were a couple of guys who OD'd one night. They found their bodies lying out near the airstrip. The docs did an autopsy and found they had been boozing and popping pills -- a combination one should never do.

As to the Chiang Mai deaths ... who knows?

::

If it's true they had been snorting heroin, that puts things in a much more "likely" light for a simultaneous accidental overdose. That happened to the daughter of a friend. She'd been a recreational drug user, weed or coke at parties maybe once a month. But at one party, when everyone was already drunk, they tried snorting heroin. A couple of kids died, several others overdosed badly and barely made it. Turned out the heroin was quite pure and they didn't have any experience with it. They snorted too much and it hit them too fast.

Could have just as easily happened to those guys in Chiang Mai, especially if they weren't junkies but just trying an extra kick.

EP,

Yep, saw in the Post that heroin was found in their nasal passages. Snorting H and drinking heavily is a bad combo, especially if the H is stronger then usual/used to. Likely they both passed out and stopped breathing under the amount of depressent combination. Heroin is heavy duty stuff, especially if in a purer form, and people seem to discount the serious effects of alcohol at times, especially in combination with other depressents.

Cent

Suprisingly this one made it to the the news, perhaps unintentionally. This is not the first and probably won't be the last time this happens. It is not uncommon for people who run in the wrong circles outside Thailand to be found dead in a hotel room from an suspected overdose. I know of two seperate people from my home town involved in supply and distribution who wound up dead one in Bangkok the other Pattaya, both overdosed. Neither of these made the papers. Most of the remaining people they were involved with are now guests of the state. So remember things aren't always as they appear. Besides our government recently began out-sourcing capital punishment. Just ask the Bali 9.

SoiledCowboy said:

Of course, the Aussie would have outlasted the American or anyone else for that matter, in any hard-drinking contest...he would have been the last man standing, but apparently not for long! :beer::neener:;)

SoiledCowboy,

Heh. As a Yank with 2 hollow legs I'll have to take exception to this! :D I've drank a few Aussies under the table in my time sir!

:drunk::beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :D

Cent

Archived