Brussels, Belgium with TGF - temples, must sees?

chilli13

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About hotel, tell us by PM if you want, the price range you are looking for?

I never heard about a thai buddhist temple in brussels although there are buddhists temples.

Apart from beer, the classical are.

If it is open to the public, visit the european institutions.

The royal palace, the grand place with Manneken Piss.

If you are more into cars, visit the cinquantenaire with autoworld museum.

If you are into military things, same location but royal military museum.

etc....

Here is the link to the brussels tourist office (you can select english)

http://www.bitc.be/

One thing: be cautious with restaurants especially in " tourist crowded places", the food tend to be crappy, the prices very high......

If you want to know something more do not hesitate to PM

ib13,

Yes, there are 2 Thai temples here, one in Waterloo, one in Mechelen, both not worthy of visiting IMO.

And also yes, Brussels is worth visiting, the old centre is grant to do, even on your own, just be prepared to know what you want to see.

Then again, Brugge is one hour away from Brussels by car or train, well worth the visit, so is Gent, Antwerp or even Leuven if you are into lotsa of old stones.....

BB

" there any (thai) temples for instance?"

Actually a couple of hours drive from the well attended Gent and Antwerpen streets, there's an impressive monument to urban disaster. Amazing to see people actually live there. It's named Liege inlocal dialect. If U think Ur TGF is getting overexcited by living standard in europe, just bring her over there... :dunno:

I think TGF not too excited as she's well aware of the huge costs of daily living in euroland!

Thanks for extracurrilar brussels activity suggestions, but as the train to brussels is only 2 hours from here we don't plan spending further time around Belgium even I'm sure there's interesting enough things to see... ;)

So EU(perhaps only open workdays?), grand place, royal palace & a few museums will keep us busy not too mention french fries, choclate, monastary beer etc.

Any (authentic) thai restarants to be recommend? E.g. Isaan preferred if they do a hot som tam & sticky rice?

Thanks

limbo said:

Waterllo is interseting as well, if you want to stand on top of a hill..........

BB suggestions of the other cities around Brussels is valid, I espeically like Antwerpen, but Brussels in itslef is good enough to spend a few days.

Either fighting your keyboard or fighting the bottle ? :p

randomshots said:

" there any (thai) temples for instance?"

Actually a couple of hours drive from the well attended Gent and Antwerpen streets, there's an impressive monument to urban disaster. Amazing to see people actually live there. It's named Liege inlocal dialect. If U think Ur TGF is getting overexcited by living standard in europe, just bring her over there... :dunno:

LOL !!!! a perfect example indeed !

I can recommend :

Blue Elephant

Tél. : 02.374.49.62

Fax : 02.375.44.68

Chée.de Waterloo 1120

1180 BRUXELLES ( UCCLE )

closed on saturday at lunch time.

Went there 2 months ago, was not too bad.

Thai cafe:

A friend told me it was quite good.

Tél. : 02.538.38.55

Fax : 02.534.86.39

Chaussée de Waterloo 412 B

1050 BRUXELLES ( IXELLES )

open everyday

Archived