Brussels, Belgium with TGF - temples, must sees?

chilli13

ib13 said:

I think TGF not too excited as she's well aware of the huge costs of daily living in euroland!

Thanks for extracurrilar brussels activity suggestions, but as the train to brussels is only 2 hours from here we don't plan spending further time around Belgium even I'm sure there's interesting enough things to see... ;)

So EU(perhaps only open workdays?), grand place, royal palace & a few museums will keep us busy not too mention french fries, choclate, monastary beer etc.

Any (authentic) thai restarants to be recommend? E.g. Isaan preferred if they do a hot som tam & sticky rice?

Thanks

When will ya be in Brussels ?

As for Thai food, the simple answer is no.

We do have 2 fancy Thai restaurants, but no Isaan food......

Try the Blue Elephant or the Singha tavern, but both are out of the way in Brussels.

Have fun and do avoid liege at all cost :p

BB

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's wrong with Liege........... every year Liege - Bastogne - Liege starts and finishes here! The TdF arrived a few years ago. 555555

Actually it used to be really good with the sundays market in the 'old' days and the 'Foire'. Ah, a trip down memory lane.

I suppose they knew/entered liege by ougree or saint-nicolas etc...

Like quite a few suburbs in europe they are a rather crappy/dirty place.

ULG site or town center are not that bad.

The main problem with Liege is that the city has a very bad management......although its historical and architectural past is very rich.

Archived