Why Do Some Countries Drive on the Right?

Torneyboy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I was born in a country that drove on the left side but now drives on the right. I got my drivers licence 2 months before the change and I say that there is no difference. It's all about what you are used to. As a side note all cars and lorries were were built for right hand traffic so only the busses had to altered.

regards

ALHOLK

Torneyboy said:...<Snipped>..

?Visitors are informed that in the United Kingdom traffic drives on the left-hand side of the road. In the interests of safety, you are advised to practise this in your country of origin for a week or two before driving in the UK.?

***You must be kidding! So, if I'm making a trip from Thailand to the States and unsure of being able to handle driving again on right side of the road, it's suggested I practice driving on the right side ...while in Thailand???

Gee, Brit logic is seemingly equivalent to Thai logic ::

'

I was born in a country that drove on the left side but now drives on the right. I got my drivers licence 2 months before the change and I say that there is no difference. It's all about what you are used to. As a side note all cars and lorries were were built for right hand traffic so only the busses had to altered'

so before the change the cars and lorries were designed to drive on the Right even though you drove on the Left?.

or am i misunderstanding your comment?.

why the change anyway?.

i personally have never had any problem with driving in those godforsaken countries which think they are being clever by trying to be different...........

:chili:

LEFT IS BEST AND DON'T FORGET IT....... :grinyes:

Archived