Why Do Some Countries Drive on the Right?

Torneyboy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the best reason for driving on the left (from the Web site given in this thread's first post):

Pakistan also considered changing to the right in the 1960s, but ultimately decided not to do it. The main argument against the shift was that camel trains often drove through the night while their drivers were dozing. The difficulty in teaching old camels new tricks was decisive in forcing Pakistan to reject the change.

***You must be kidding! So, if I'm making a trip from Thailand to the States and unsure of being able to handle driving again on right side of the road, it's suggested I practice driving on the right side ...while in Thailand???

Gee, Brit logic is seemingly equivalent to Thai logic

I probably shouldn't let the cat out of the bag.......... but it's not Brit Logic........... it's a sense of humour :D

Sceptics...... god bless 'em :) :) :)

cagedsoidog wrote:

>Thailand was never colonialized (we will skip the nice Japan >visit in WWII {but between 80,000 and 100,000 died under >the Japanese}). So why in Thailand the left side?

sayjann replied:

>because they are sensible people.........

***Hmmm...I thought it was because the Thai government has yet figured out how to do things RIGHT... ::

Archived