Taxi to Nana Hotel

Hey Guy's, I am totally a newbie here and wanted to know how much a Taxi from the Airport Is to Nana Hotel around In baht?. Also, I will be landing at 10:55 or so and wanted to know how much to have atleast for the first night, for a girl, NEP for 2hrs and some for food.Thanx

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taxi around 300 Bt, including expressway fee 60 Bt and 50 Bt airport taxi tax.

Take taxi from stand OUTSIDE the departure hall.

there shouldn't be a long queue that hour, if there is and you don't want to miss out on late night sanuk, a 'limo' hired from inside the arrival hall should cost about 600 Bt

landing when you do, you'll be best off hurrying to customs, and be lucky to get to Nana before 12.30 or so.

NEP closes around 1.00, so you won't spend a lot on drinks, even if you make it in time. BF 600 Bt, but if you pick up a companion from the parking lot, you avoid that.

Also, if you're late, go walk to Sukhumvit, between Soi 11 and 15, Many streetstalls with food and eagerly waiting freelancers and BGs who didn't score yet that night (or want to score again).

best time from 1.00 until 3.00, again this avoids BF, and you'll expect to pay about 1500 LT.

Arrival hall has ATMs, so you can uplift some baht there.

You realise of course that in exchange for this info, you'll be expected to post a trip report before you leave LOS again.

Have fun

Thanx Ikkrang, I know somewhat alot about Pattaya, but really nothing on BKK. I thought the NEP center closed at 2am. Yeah I have better get a limo ride than to have any chance to see this Infamous NEP center. I actually want to stay In Pattaya, but now maybe I'll split some time between the two. So 2200Thb Is good enough for that night that I arrive?. Also, can I buy a 12 pack of beer or something and how much Is that?. Not really on a budget so, when I arrive I want to party hard. Thanx for any Info.

Jsd,

Ahhh, sounds like another Aussie Jing Joe arriving on QF1 from Sydney...10.55 arrival .....

Don't ever leave yourself in a position of being short of folding stuff....anything can happen in BKK and best be prpared or you may "Miss out". If you reckon on needing 2200 Baht, then draw 5 or 6k from the ATM at arrivals (or change at money changers in arrivals) Exchange rates at Bkk airport are quite reasonable from both options.

Don't do it before you leave home...always shit exchange rates

Dunno about the advice about getting a cab from Departures if it's your first Bkk visit...maybe check out the taxi line outside arrivals and if not too long, go with that. If lots waiting negotiate with a tout for "private car" but don't pay more than 700 Baht INCLUDING tolls....

Most of all ...Enjoy...You'll be back.

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer: :beer:

Actually from the US. I'll be flying from LAX, So a very very long dreaded flight. The reason on getting some baht before I arrive Is so I don't waste anymore time than I need at the Airport, I will be sick of anything to do with aiports or planes by the time I land In BKK. Plus landing at 10:55pm, I do not want to miss this NEP Center before they close, hopefully I make It atleast to see them shut the light out, LoL. By the way, are we aloud to fold the bahts In half, cause I alway's do with USD or Is that a big No No?.

Jsd,

Sorry, if I wasn't blind as well as stupid, I would have read under your name the letters USA.......and I haven't even had a drink...yet !!! 555..just looked at arrival time....

Still, if you want cash you shouldn't have a problem, usually very quick service and you have to walk right passed the changers on the way out.

As for folding the notes, never had a problem and I always carry a small bill fold.......but then again what would I know...I can't even read LOL

From the girls point of view, it doesn't matter, folded or not, as long as it carries enough zeros !!!!

They seem to like grey as a colour though 555

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer: :beer:

Nah your not blind or stupid, I just put the USA thing there. Still trying to figure the post's and stuff out. As far as folding the baht, thought maybe a No No cause of the King or whatever Is on there and thought It would be a disrespectable thing to do or something like that, It would be frowned on. I need beer when I land to, where to get a 12 packer from and about how much baht to pay so I don't get ripped off?.

welcome to the Board Jsd.

i have little experience about BKK but i will tell what i know.

if you are not worried about a couple of Dollars saved on the Taxi Fare from the Airport then just grab any Taxi at arrivals.

it will cost you 500 but at that time of Night the traffic hopefully will be lighter than during the Day.

the extra cost of the Taxi might offset the price of a Beer at NEP as you might be cutting it a bit short.

after you land/collect baggage/pass Customs/Taxi to Nana and Check-in might take anything from 1 Hour to 2.

if you do miss out on NEP then as others have said there is ample opportunity to find a Companion for the Night inside/outside Nana and in the surrounding areas.

but saying that i missed out finding a Girl while staying at the Nana.

Beer.........

don't forget Room Service,i found it cheaper to ring down for a Litre bottle than a smaller version in a Bar.

but if you really want a 12 pack as soon as you arrive then i can think of 3 options.

walk out of Nana and turn Right onto Soi 4 and there is a 7-11 just up the Soi.

turn Left out of Nana and on the corner of Soi 4 and Suk is a Petrol Station which i am sure sells Beer.

or when you reach Suk turn Right and walk for a couple of Minutes and you will find a couple of shops which sell Beer.

which ever one you might take will only take a max of 10 Minutes out of your time.

if i was in your position at that time of Night i would just use Room Service and buy the 12 pack the next Day.

sorry.......have no idea of prices of Beer in the shops,but i do know it is very cheap.

have a great time and send in the FR's............ :grinyes:

Great Info, especially for a Newbie. By the way, what Is FR's mean?. My Pix's, well of course. Plan on taking a million especially my first time In LOS. First time anywhere, well except Mexico. From what I hear, how could you miss out at finding a girl at Nana, seems Impossible, LoL. Yeah I just hope I make It to see this NEP after 25hrs of flying, would really cap the night off, but If I don't I know there Is alway's tomorrow+.

Archived