Paying a "bar" for a girl to quit aka "steady"

NokTang

Consider the be bar as an agent or broker. The owner went to the trouble of recruiting and and possibly training the new employee. When a sale is made, it is fair that they make a commission.

Similar to in another thread (concerning paying taxi mony after shortime) this is also an opportunity increase the value of the sale. Kind of like "Would you like fried with that." If the suitor goes for it, so much tbe better for everyone involved. If not, then it could be the subject of negotiation.

In the end, if the woman won't go because the guy won't pay the fee, then he is better off without her.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
simon43 said:

I agree (and we enforce) the one-time payment if a customer takes a girl out of the bar 'permanently'. Why? Think of it like any employment situation. If you want to leave your job as a secretary, engineer or whatever then you would have to work your 1 to 3 month's notice. I see the payment as compensation for the girl leaving her job immediately - and usualy making some problems for the bar by her actions (finding good staff is NOT easy!).

Point one...HOW do you enforce the one time payment?

Point two...The girl is NOT anything more than a day to day casual laborer paid monthly.

Point three..Why does the concept she is leaving with a "customer" make the rules different and WHAT IF THE GUY is/was NOT a customer, is a THAI, or whatever? The clever technique to label all farangs customers is one of the roots of the SCAM and if nothing else defeats your arguement.

Point four...If an engineer quits, without giving and working his notice, he is just NOT welcomed back. He is not asked to PAY for the right to quit. Many employers FIRE people when they quit even with a notice for reasons you know I assume.

The reason she is "leaving" your so precious job is because she thinks she has a BETTER deal. Before I forget to ask also, what about her quitting to go work for another "bar"?

thanks for your replies.

Nok the Kook

This will be an endless debate from both sides.

I do want to say that to me, if you are REALLY serious about doing a relationship with a bar girl, this won't be a sticking point from the girl's side.

Much of this "take out" fee, and how much of a tough line the bar owner will take, seems to be how she approaches ending her time at the bar.

1) If the barowner get's too hardlined, she'll just tell the owner to f-off.

2) If you're going to take a girl out of the bar, take a pretty one. If they don't have a chip on their shoulder, they are much more prone to be welcomed back without a bother if things do hit the shitter.

<<burp>>

gummigut said:

Much of this "take out" fee, and how much of a tough line the bar owner will take, seems to be how she approaches ending her time at the bar.

1) If the barowner get's too hardlined, she'll just tell the owner to f-off.

Let's not forget, SOMETIMES this "tough line" broaches on extortion/blackmail/bribery. If the girl is weak and impressionable, not to mention the guy is not of strong mind and will, the "bar" can make both feel like they have to pay or else.....

As a footnote while we wind down the discussion, without the FEAR OF VIOLENCE a pimp has too much power. Introduce violence in the the equation and things tend to change. If for example an owner/manager/mamasan thought or knew there was a real risk of getting the shit beat out of them, being arrested and jailed with an arse filled with semen etc. THEN do you think they would pressure the girl and the guy for a "take out fee"?

These outlined examples leave out the most important. The conduct CAN AND WILL AND HAS AND DOES ruin chances for some of the girls to get out of the "bar life" and in to a good relationship with a guy.

Cheers and gidday.

Nok the Kook

A friend of mine owns a good sized bar and his philosophy is that the bar fine is paid to compensate him for lost drink money. The bar makes most of its money on the drinks. If the girl is gone she is not getting a punter to buy her drinks and the owner is losing money ... thus the bar fine.

At 600B, that is 6 drinks at 100B per.

So a 2nd guy paying a bar fine for a girl the same night is a pure rip off.

bkkman said:

A friend of mine owns a good sized bar and his philosophy is that the bar fine is paid to compensate him for lost drink money.

So a 2nd guy paying a bar fine for a girl the same night is a pure rip off.

So, please ask him/her why there is a quota on barfines and lady drinks? If the quota is not met, she is "cut" money aka as wage earned previously is GARNISHED/taken away. Or, you can look at it in a more logical sense and say the quoted "salary" is bullshit. The actual "salary" is the amount a girl would be paid if she sold NO drinks and had NO barfines....might surprise you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how low that number can get..

cheers.

Nok the Kook

rickfarang said:

Consider the be bar as an agent or broker. The owner went to the trouble of recruiting and and possibly training the new employee. When a sale is made, it is fair that they make a commission.

If you refer to a sale as being a "barfine" when the lady intends on returning to work the next day, agreed.

However, since the "bar" does not own the girl, they don't have the right to ask for a commission on her decision to QUIT working at same, whatever the reason or cause may be. If she sold herself to a guy then her business. Please remember, the bar does not sell the "sex" or the relationship.

cheers.

Nok the Kook

Archived