Paying a "bar" for a girl to quit aka "steady"

NokTang

himitsu said:

I know a few Japanese men who have paid a much more than 10,000 or 20,000 baht.

This is done with the idea that the man will not have to spend money on other women and the girl will be available while he is in BKK.

Sometimes some real long term relationship comes from it.

Yep, the girl will be available unless she is on another barfine, gone home, the bar has closed, never liked him in the first place, etc.. A fool and his money...

cheers.

Nok the Kook

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flashermac said:

Another stunt is making repeat customers pay a bar fine, after the first guy of the night has paid the bar to get her off for the evening. If a gal is going ST, only the first fella pays a BF!

Have to disagree. If she returns and gets up on stage again, she is libel for another barfine. Don't forget however, in some instances the girl gets a higher share and don't forget, they have quotas on paid barfines. Most important, don't forget SHE owes the barfine(s), you YOU.

I am however in full agreement when a "bar" has the system like in Angeles City where the customer pays(for her) a long time barfine and services fee in advance. In that circumstance, her running out on a long time and being allowed back on stage, the bar collecting another long time barfine and services amount is down right disgusting and a SCAM.

cheers.

Nok the Kook

farangman said:

Don't understand this one! The bar fine for the night has been paid already and is irrespective of whether it is short time or long time. Never heard of this practise before (i.e. having salary deducted because they went long time before 2200)....but then nothing would surprise me.

Has been going on in one form or another in Pattaya for several years. Many of the "bar"s piss customers off, but who the fuck cares about us?

Examples:

Higher barfines before some hour, usually 10PM or 11PM.

Short time only before some hour.....

Asking the customer to pay MORE for a long time "barfine" vs a short time.

even NO BARFINES before some hour...(this bar lost all of its local customers)

cheers.

Nok the Kook

ps: Stick with the street gentlemen...or with bars who make it simple, you pay a barfine for the girl and what happens between you after that is NONE OF THE BARS CONCERN OR BUSINESS......

I'm not on about the barowners pissing off farangs.

In fact I agree that all customers should pay a barfine irrespective of whether the girl has just come back from a short time already.

I think it makes sense to put higher bar fines before a certain hour if they are short on girls or it is a certain day of the year like NYE where nobody would show up for work otherwise. I don't have a problem with that either.

I have never heard of them however cutting a girl's salary if she goes long time before 2200hrs. Seems to me that no girl in her right mind would go LT before this time.

I also have never been asked to pay more for a LT barfine than a ST barfine. Don't know what bars you frequent!

Hi NokTang,

The idea that something is common knowledge, and expected, does not make it right and correct and good business nor NOT A SCAM. Of course it is a SCAM...It is not owed, not due, nor legally enforceable. There are no mutual benefits flowing between the "guy" and whomever. He, the customer, never OWED it. You can't dictate someone "owes" money when he never acknowledged the terms nor in many instances knew about it!

The gogos are privately owned businesses that are trading to make a profit. They are not charities. The gogos invest a vast amount of money, employ, train and expect a return on their investment.

Back in faring land there are many agencies available for hiring skilled and/or professional people. Any hairdresser, solicitor or Manpower for instance, so what is the difference? Could you be expected to walk into the agency and not pay a fee for one of the staff to accompany you? Suppose it was a secretary, chef, driver, gardener, etc that you wanted to hire for a long time, do you think the agency would just let you walk off and not want any recompense?

Admittedly there is no need to frequent these gogos to find someone, same as in farang land. All you have to do is to spend your own time and money in advertising, travelling, arranging interviews. Afterwards you hope that you have made a good choice.

As far as the buy-out cost is concerned then you pay upfront. If you want to leave her at a later date then there will be no courts or solicitors fees, etc so in the long run it could be quite inexpensive.

Cheers,

John_Betong

Valid point but then we have to dig into the money making power based on her looks the "current" punters spending power and willingness to spend etc. The only way I can really explain my second scenario is by the drinks and entertainment value to the punters while they are there and the fact that if she is good looking she could reach that 500 baht mark for every 2 hours or so she is out by drinks etc.

I think barfines are unnecessary. However there is the occasional girl I find that will give me every impression that she will fuck my brains out. In that case barfine will be paid by me. Otherwise I will just drink and gawk at the gogo I have paid bar only about 6 or 7 times in my 9 or so times to Thailand.

Oneye

farangman said:

I have never heard of them however cutting a girl's salary if she goes long time before 2200hrs. Seems to me that no girl in her right mind would go LT before this time.

I also have never been asked to pay more for a LT barfine than a ST barfine. Don't know what bars you frequent!

SOME do in fact "cut" her for not returning before some hour, when they barfine early. Your idea, "in her right mind" should be put in context. If the guy is willing to pay her enough then she would not be so bothered by the cut. She can(and they do) ask him for more money!

I don't frequent any "bar"s, but this practice is common on Soi Pattayaland 2 in Pattaya. One barfine amount for short time, another amount for long time. Granted, this area caters to tourist, no happy hour etc.. It brings the "bar" in to the matter which to stress once again, only hurts the customer who knows what the fuck is going on and what he wants. A person unknowing can be fooled and sold the concepts.

cheers.

Nok the Kook

John_Betong said:

The gogos are privately owned businesses that are trading to make a profit. They are not charities. The gogos invest a vast amount of money, employ, train and expect a return on their investment.

Hi. Not so fast! It is not always about profits. Think HOBBY or about the other motivations to be in the booze and whore business...And again, to suggest they "employ" is incorrect. They hire yes, but the girls are not EMPLOYED in any sense beyond a casual laborer day to day whom can be dismissed, fucked over, etc. at the whim of some drunken farang or pissed off mamasan. No right, no nothing....

Train? Again, context is required.....train to be behoven to a bar is all. I don't accept any training in customer service being present nor realy a concern of mine or the bar. It is BOOZE and PROSTITUTION....how much training is required other than to hustle lady drinks and scam if he wants to support you?

Return on investment..again, context. Who in their RIGHT MIND makes an investment in a GoGo bar with his/her IRA or other retirement monies? Think about the money my friend, follow it if you wish....

Back in faring land there are many agencies available for hiring skilled and/or professional people. Any hairdresser, solicitor or Manpower for instance, so what is the difference? Could you be expected to walk into the agency and not pay a fee for one of the staff to accompany you? Suppose it was a secretary, chef, driver, gardener, etc that you wanted to hire for a long time, do you think the agency would just let you walk off and not want any recompense?

Again, it is up to the worker/person. She/he is not OWNED by anyone and can quit at any time. The person may not be welcomed back but that is the risk one takes. We also must remember, we refer to quitting. If I have no deal with Manpower, then Manpower will NOT come to me for money. If I meet a girl who works at the Marriott and ask her to move in with me and quit working at the Marriott, are they going to ask me for 15000baht? What puts a "bar" in this position? NOTHING, the girls are not even legal employees and the customer is not the one paying the barfine, it is the girl. I will stress it again for the naive, WE have no relationship with the bar in these regards, it is between the girl and same. Any attempt to pressure the girl in the instance when she is leaving with a farang is disgusting. If she leaves to be with her family in Issan is there any pressure? Of course not, which supports and confirms it is all a SCAM.

As far as the buy-out cost is concerned then you pay upfront. If you want to leave her at a later date then there will be no courts or solicitors fees, etc so in the long run it could be quite inexpensive.

Don't grasp your point here...If you pay another farang, in Thailand, 15000baht you don't have to worry about divorce expenses? Remember, the farang nor the bar or mamasan own the girl! and the services she provide you have nothing to do with the bar...two willing and consenting adults.

Cheers,

Nok the Kook

Archived