Good Thai food in Pattaya?

yfs

My expat friend made a comment recently that the Thai food in Pattaya was lousy. I disagreed, but began to really notice that he was on to something. In Bangkok, there are many restaurants that one may consider to be a dive, where the food is outstanding and in Pattaya I can't think of any. Can anyone name some good places to eat in PTY (not sidewalk fare)? If so, where?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ALHOLK said:

I have mostly got good food at these places although I can admit tht Ruen Thai is something of a tourist trap but a cheap one. ALHOLK

The last time (and I now definitely mean LAST TIME) I ate there the service was nothing short of ABSOLUTE CRAP.

Food was O.K., but will not go back EVER....rude, ignorant, non existant service (O.K. this sums up service standards in many many Thai establishments, not only restaurants) BUT this shit hole has taken things further down, to a totally new level of unacceptable crap.

The bill for 5 people was around 2k Baht, so yes I agree it is not expensive. I asked my wife if she had a 1 Baht coin, because that's what I wanted to leave as my "insult" tip...

I figured if I left no tip, I would just be regarded as an ignorant kia neow falang, but if I left 1 Baht, maybe, just maybe, my message might get through.

Caused a major drama...the wife was not happy and would not hand over a 1 Baht coin.....luckily there was a 5 Baht coin in the change....and that's what they got as a "tip"

In case I have not been clear in my above opinion of this shit hole.......I HATE IT...with a passion

P.S. The joint next door Casa Pasqual, looks pretty classy. haven't tried it though...pang par noi !!!

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer: :beer:

Been going to the seafood place on the corner of Central Rd & Second Rd alot lately......it's decent enough with a huge menu.

Of course all the girls love MK restaruant.....It's pretty good.

Other than that it's pizza hut and local street vendor food which in my opinion is awsomely fresh and delicious.

Still can't find a decent steak anywhere in the town.

Actually for me..............the only problem is deciding what to eat from all the excellent fresh food available.

Here's a couple of places that the TG's have taken me, which serve pretty good thai food;

1) Across from the Buffalo Bar (3rd Road), one block towards Xcyte Disco, an open restaurant. Good Thai food, the clams in chilli sauce is to die for.

2) Theres another open restaurant at the end of Soi 13/1(Pattayaland) nears Soi Boy Boy. Very good thai food, shrimp with aspargus in a black bean sauce, aloy maak.

3) This past trip, girls from Buffalo Bar took me and friend to Soi Bukaow, the restaurant has a Duck sign, again excellant thai food wtih the duck in black spicy sauce, aloy maak.

Know alot more, actually the "girls" know where to go, ask them to take you.

Chok dee,

HOKS

Archived