Good Thai food in Pattaya?

yfs

Pete,

Sorry the delayed reply. Been up the village the past few days. Construction on the house.

Thai House Restaurant is in North Pattaya on Pattaya Nua. Ask any baht bus driver. They all seem to know where it is. (Although there is always the odd newbie driver that has to ask directions.) :-) It is my favorite restaurant in Pattaya. Been going there for many years. Family and kids love it and the cultural shows. Get a flaming Irish Coffee. Pretty good actually after your meal. They make a big production and show of making it for you. I had the rock lobster thermadore last time there. Was good and my wife loved it. Big mistake turning her on to lobster I think. :: :( She thought it arroy mahk mahk. Girl has expensive tastes!!

Cent

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pete,

You mean Pattaya Park? I didn't know there was a restaurant up there in the needle. I'll have to try that out. Would think the views at sunset would be really spectactular up there. Have a neice who worked there for a couple years who has lots of friends still working there. I'm just afraid someone will challenge me to ride that fucking sling drop on the wire off the top, and I hate heights, but am too damned macho to back down from a challenge. :: :D

Cent

Thanks Cent,

The Thai House Restaurant sounds good. I/we will gave to give it a try. You know, coming from New England, I've only tried an occasional bite of the rock lobster. Maybe I should just give in and try a whole one.

Yes, the place that looks like a spindle is either in Pattaya Park or just next to it; and, the views can be super. You can't miss it as it the only thing in the area that looks like it, plus it may be the tallest structure in that locale. I know buffets arn't usually your thing; but, up there, the night buffet is excellent.

New Petchburi Pete said:...<snip>..Yes, the place that looks like a spindle is either in Pattaya Park or just next to it; and, the views can be super. You can't miss it as it the only thing in the area that looks like it, plus it may be the tallest structure in that locale. I know buffets arn't usually your thing; but, up there, the night buffet is excellent.

Hmmm, I ate there about 3-years ago and vowed to _never_ go back. The view, from the rotating restaurant atop the hotel was mavelous...but the food at the buffet was marginal at best. Dining tables were not cleaned, the rug deeply soiled and torn. Possibly the management has since cleaned up their act...and now provides better food and has renovated the dining area. I'll not return until I hear a number of people rave about the place...

Truth be told, we ate there once; and, I know it was a year, if not two, ago. Also, this place was not inexpensive. I'll only go back if I can get a photo of Cent smiling as he descends from the top on one of those cable 'cars.' But, you'll never see me in one ... and, it's not my fear of heights, but rather, my fear of the way construction is conducted in the Kingdom! IMO, there are better 'ways to go!'

Inconsistency is a hallmark of many, if not most, Thai restaurants ... it can be highly irritating to say the least. Also, I know many joints where only an item or two from their menus is worth ordering.

• 1 month later...

SalaThai on on Soi 2 between 2nd and beach road is quite good, they don't give a shit of you are Falang or not, they cook it how it is supposed to be cooked! Eat there quite some times when i stayed at Sabai Wing!

Ruen Thai is nice to sit, the food is complete crap! The service is lousy!

If you wanna eat real Thai food walk up 2nd Road, pass Soi 1

across the street of the bowling center, there are 5 different street stands where you get everything from Pad Kat Pow to Pad Thai or papaya salad

• 2 weeks later...

CT,

Hey thanks for your recommendations, I'll try those out. I know exactly where y're talking about. I really like pad thai gai, and it's really close to the beer bars I like, Soi 2 .

Kop Khun Kop, chok dee kop,

HOKS

Archived