Good Thai food in Pattaya?

yfs

-Tangkay seafood Naklua (Naklua road, heading to Naklua go left when you see the yellow sign 'German Garden', at the end go right to the pier; great seafood, great atmosphere and cheap too!)

-The seafood restaurant at the far end of Jomtien's ok

-SOMSAK RESTAURANT Soi 1 Second Road

-PIC kitchen soi 5

- Go to a place where there are a lot of local people eating; guaranteed good food ;-)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Compared to BKK, Thai food, in Pattaya is not as good.

In my opinion, the best Thai food is served , to office workers, at lunch time. Off Silom is the best. They set up on road ways and back alleys.

You get a plate of rice and your choice of being served 2-3 combinations of 50 varieties of Thai food. I just point and ask, mi pet? I usually get a filling heathy meal; for about 15 to 30 baht. Sometimes phet.

Servers and diners are very courteous and friendly. I cuould eat that every day.

Thailand is the only country where someone has hot soup available 24 hrs.

There is an outdoor foodcourt near the end of Soi Lucky Star (opposite Marine Bar) before entering 2nd road. Many foodstalls and restaurants exclusively of Thai food. More Thai than falang customers. I was first taken there by a Thai friend. Aloy maak and thuuk. I reckon so.

ALHOLK said:

Still can't find a decent steak anywhere in the town.

Sounds like you should visit Beefeaer and Big Horn.

You will not be disappointed in Mata Hari on 2nd Rd. Between Sois 7-8. Affable owner always on site taking care of business, starched table cloths, cogenial environment and excellent steaks. One of Pattaya 127's favorites (oops) ::

I also agree with Fra Pattaya and Leng Kee for Thai food.

I often eat at the nightly market on Thepprasit Rd, about 1-kilometer south of Sukhumvit where Tesco-Lotus South is located. Many food vendors in the covered market and some food stands on the street side. A large variety of foods offered...heavily frequented by the Thai's. Inexpensive, too. It is also a great place to buy vegies, etc (much better than the wilted stuff at Big-C & Lotus), if you cook at home (as I sometimes do)

• 4 weeks later...
Pale_Rider said:

There is an outdoor foodcourt near the end of Soi Lucky Star (opposite Marine Bar) before entering 2nd road. Many foodstalls and restaurants exclusively of Thai food. More Thai than falang customers. I was first taken there by a Thai friend. Aloy maak and thuuk. I reckon so.

Quite seriously overpriced for what you get I think.

I will admit that in the mid range, Pattaya may be lacking somewhat but the street stalls have enough variety to keep most entertained and well fed.

Agree that the Thai cafe in BigC is good. Oten have some noodle soup and another dish of something in there.

Archived