Good Thai food in Pattaya?

yfs

torrenova said:I will admit that in the mid range, Pattaya may be lacking somewhat but the street stalls have enough variety to keep most entertained and well fed.

so what would you then call the high range? in term of quality not just in term of prices! i know there are some seafood restaurants along walking street that are very expensive but just bloody tourist traps!

I have been in some excellent (and not expensive) seafood restaurants in jomtien, south end of the beach, but that was years ago and i can't remember the names

other beach towns like Hua Hin, Bang Saen, Jomtien etc. have IMHO much better Thai restaurants than Pattaya!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's just me but I LOVE kiss food and drink, I can eat there 4x a day and never get tired of the choices. I think the one on soi diana is a little better then the one near the dolphin roundabout

All,

I've been eating when in Pattaya at the Thai House Restaurant for years. Always good food, good atmosphere, good cultural shows (dancing/singing) and a great place with good foods. Not too expensive, but certainly not soi food prices. Higher end, so to keep out the riff-raff and cheap charlies. :: I liked the Vientiane restaurant, but have not been there since they moved to Walking Street.

There's a place at the front of the BigC Mall on second road entrance to the right as you walk in past the burger joint out front (or is it now an ice cream place? Baskin Robbins?) that has very inexpensive and decent Thai foods as well. I use them all the time when in the area of BigC and a bit hungry. Wife and daughter like the place as well. Clean, cheap, AC, and decent fare.

Cent

Cent,

Where is the Thai House Restaurant?

We like the food at the Fishing Park 3 (sign in Thai) restaurant on Third Rd. between Central Rd. (Pattaya Klang) and Pattaya Nua.

Also, there's a decent place on the East side of Sukhumvit beyond Lotus (Thai name again) that has good food affordably

... some of the tables are on floating docks and the pond is loaded with fish you (or the kids) can feed ... 5 Bt/bag for the fish food.

Rimtalay on Jomtien Beach Rd. can be hit or miss; but, is usually fine if you order the right dish.

For what we think is the best food court Pad Thai, believe it or not, we like Lotus food court on Sukhumvit.

Friday night buffet at the Montien Hotel on Beach Rd. in Pattaya ius superb. 600 Bt. for all the 'rock' lobster, crab, shrimp, etc., etc. you can eat!

Leng Kee's (Pattaya Klang) at noon for duck when it first comes out ... you should order a whole one.

Definitely avoid the new Vientiane on Walking Street ... it's nothing like the old one!

In between Pattaya Beach & Jomtien theres a park with a tall spindle-shaped restaurant on top ... that's excellent as well, although more expensive ... great views.

Cent,

I enjoy Baan Thai (Thai House) also. Good food and entertainment.

Not on most falangs radar is a place called the Island Cafe. It is next to the Alcazar in the same building as the Triangle Supper Club. You and/or family will enjoy same. They have a house band. Give it a try when in the Big C area.

I concur....definitely avoid the Vientiane on Walking Street. While the service is good, the food quality went way downhill since the restaurant moved from 2nd Rd to Walking St. It's now mainly a place for tourists and newbie punters to take their BG's....

Archived