Any good eats in Bangkok or Samui?

First off, this board and community is awsome. I can't even tell you how much I have learned just reading everyones post and expereince. And in some cases I have learned too much

:neener:

So anyway great job on this board! its fantastic. :bow:

Now enought with the butt kissing. Any of you guys recomend any really good places to eat in Bangkok or Samui? We wil lbe there in nov. On a relativly modest budget and don't want to go to the 20 buck a plate places. But if anyone out there has any recomendation on some tourist or great non tourist spots for some really good food, would love to hear about it.

Love spicey, Love Thai, love seafood. :)

::

You guys F :censored: Rock, thanks! :beer:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why not look around in the Reviews section of this board?

there are plenty of recommendations for all kind of food and locations.

Limbo, our resident in Ko Samui has contributed many reviews about Samui eatieries and there are plenty of restaurants in Bangkok.

for Thaifood in Bangkok it depends where you stay; for lower Sukhumvit i would recommend Anna Cafe (close to Landmark), Rossabiang (Soi 11), Suda (Soi 14), Cabbage and Condoms (Soi 12), Wannakharm (Soi 23); a bit more upscale but still cheap in comparison to western restaurants are Baan Khanita (Soi 23) and Wakamala (Soi 8).

there are more good Thai eateries in upper Sukhumvit though

I pola pola resturante near Kasetsart University any where near suk soi 23 area. I think that is where my hotel is going to be as soon as I book the freakn thing. Plus I am very very new to the area. first trip to bkk. :)

:beer:

Suk Soi 23 has following good restaurants:

Baan Khanita (Thai)

Wannakharm (Thai)

Giusto (Italian)

Chokechai Steakhouse

Le Dalat and Le Dalat Indochine (Vietnamese)

the mentioned Pola Pola has several branches; the one in Camp Davies (Suk Soi 24) and Thonglor (Suk Soi 55) would be much closer than the one in Kasetsart; there is also one in Convent Road, off Silom; good to venture afterwards the nasty shows in Patpong upstairs bars :neener:

pola63-1.jpg

Pola Pola

Archived