Any good eats in Bangkok or Samui?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vientiane Kitchen, Soi 36 Sukhumvit is good for Issarn/Lao food, but getting a bit touristy (nose in the air). The Chinese/Thai place, corner of Sukhumvit Soi 15 is really good, and getting more popular. Soi 5 Thai house, above Foodland market. La Daalaat Indochine was ok only, pricy as hell, and in my opinion not really worth it, but nice...

Am I alone in Missing Baan Lao and Ban Issaarn (the one across from Cowboy on Soi 23 think that was the name)?

there are numerous small places in Yaowarat (China Town) that are good and not very expensive...some are really good, and really expensive if you like Shark fin soup...

DSC_00711422a.jpg

DSC_00741423a.jpg

I also like the Buffet at Baiyoke Sky (go after 8:30, price drops!) and the Sunday morning brunch at Bei Otto on Soi 24 (?) And of course various food stalls and food courts...

OH man I have a love/hate relationship with you. I love your pictures yet I hate them because I am always so damn hungry afterwards lol :beer: I am going to bug yea a couple weeks before I head out so I can get all the good non tourist eats and directions. I was thinking about staying at the ambasadar or regency park? You have any expereince with those?

ps. You need to a be a full time photographer. :beer:

Old Hippie said:Am I alone in Missing Baan Lao and Ban Issaarn (the one across from Cowboy on Soi 23 think that was the name)?

you probably mean Old Siam across Soi Cowboy with Isaan food and old thai style decoration, half normal tables and half sitting on the floor? this is gone for around 3 years already!

Baane Lao is on Suk Soi 36 close to Vientiane Kitchen and less touristy as well.

Bei Otto is on Suk Soi 20

went to suda once, overpriced for tourists and no different to street food. However it's to be recommended over that place opp called something like suk house one. I think it's owned by the rip off seafood palace and I can say having eaten thai food from Bejing to Brum that the suk house one was the worst thai food I have ever eaten, a disgrace IMO. I found confusion on soi 23 to serve very good and cheap food, also the street place right next to times sq.

I don't miss the old siam as I got food poisoning there and saw rats running around on my last visit. Was taken over by a guy who spent a reported 8 mill doing it up, now sold on to a bloke from UK who looks like he's on the run after living in spain for years. Nice geezer though but all that space, five floors I think and doing not a lot with it

Archived