Singapore or Malaysia

Zorro

I assume the Malaysian job is in KL?

Hard to give any advice or suggestions without knowing what the package is. Singapore is certainly more expensive then KL, but the package should equalize that out and then it just becomes a choice of the job itself and your preference of where to live. I have lived in both places. I would take Singapore every time. Don?t believe all you hear about how boring Singapore is

TH

Lived in both. Liked 'em both a lot, but in different ways. PM me with details (if you are comfortable doing that) and I can discuss the pros and cons of each with you.

Need to know:

Approx package (does it include car, housing, school, taxes paid)?

Married? If yes, nationality?

Kids?

Doing what?

Living where in MY?

Cheers,

SD

Both packages are very good with all the usual expat benefits...they are for petrochemical companies..

I am single so am wondering whether i would be happier in Singapore or Malaysia and will be indulging regularly in P4P.

The only thing i have against Malaysia is it is a Muslim country and after Saudi I am tired of Muslim countries.

KL is not as staid as you may think and the "Muslims" are pretty laid back -- you can even buy pork in most any supermarket. Cheaper than Sillypore, so you can put more in the bank, prolly 35+% more. I do believe that taxes are cheaper in Malaysia if you have to pay them yourself.

KL *is* a bit of a small town and it does take time to get to know the locals an become accepted. But the expat community is small and tight to tide you over.

Given what you said, I'd do KL (if any other city in Malaysia, opt for SG). And besides, it is only a 2 hour flight from there to BKK...2 non-stops a day.

Try visiting both first to get a feel. But spend more time in KL as it is harder to "get to know".

Cheers,

SD

Archived