Short Trips To LOS

MisterBlonde

My business has been very busy lately and the maximum amount of time that i can take off is 5 nights in LOS.Does anyone do short trips like this? i'm just wondering wether my appetite would be sated and if i'd end up leaving pissed off because i could'nt do everything i wanted to do.

Btw this is from Sydney where the trip is 9 hours long.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pom_Jao_Choo said:

As a north american I am jealous of your brief jaunt to LOS.

5 days is unlikely to slake your thirst for Thailand.

But I will bet that you will never regret to have made that trip, even if only for 5 days.

You're right....i really should'nt be thinking that a 9 hour trip is arduous when a large number of the posters here have to do double that....fuck it i'm going to book the trip....see how hard it was to talk me into it? :grinyes:

I would probably never do such a short trip for 2 mains reasons:

- more or less 12 hours travel with 5-6 hours jetlag that usually takes me around 1 week to get used to (not applicable in your case coming from Sydney)

- flight fare, quite expensive for me so I usually try to spend at least 2 weeks there

Coming from New York, the flight is an unusually long one of 18 hours or more. It is interesting that the two US carriers (United and Northwest) have filed for bankruptcy. Flights from these two carriers come in around 11pm in the evening and by the time one gets to the hotel it is after midnight. Returning flights are just as bad, leaving 6 or 7am in the morning. My first day in Bangkok, my first order of business is to get a traditional Thai massage needed in getting the kinks out of my body from traveling economy, to overcome jetlag and to prepare me for later sanuk activities.

When I visit Thailand, I try to stay a week or more if my schedule will alllow it. The best is staying for two weeks.

For my upcoming trip which I haven't scheduled, I like to fly the non-stop Thai International. I believe I will be flying across Europe to Bangkok and flying across the pacific in coming back to the states which means that on a round-trip flight, I will be flying around the world.

I always try to arrange to visit Thailand from Nov to Feb when the weather is not so hot.

Archived