Short Trips To LOS

MisterBlonde

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"Does anyone do short trips like this?"

Have a friend who used to fly in for a long weekend, from Minnesota!!! 3 nights is all he had each time.

I think there may even have been one time that he spend less time in Thailand than he did in transit.

I told him he was crazy :)

Sanuk!

That is a bit crazy when you consider your in the air for about 40 hours round trip. That being said, I am signed up for travel alerts that show last minute flights for pre determined amounts of time (usually 3-4 days) at very low prices and if LOS shows up, I would probably do it myself.

MisterBlonde said: You're right....i really should'nt be thinking that a 9 hour trip is arduous when a large number of the posters here have to do double that....f*ck it i'm going to book the trip....see how hard it was to talk me into it?

The cost for a short trip can weigh on the mind... I'll be paying 50% more for my flight over Christmas / New Year to LOS than the special promotional deal I bagged with Emirates in June.

Still, must feed the addiction... :o

Agree Sid,

Same same, last 2 "visits" were 3 day stop overs to / from Europe.

Gotta say that I'd certainly prefer to do it than not do it and have to wait another 6 months until Holiday time. Then again, I didn't have to pay for the ticket.

Guess if you can get a good price on a ticket...why not. I'm sure if I was single, I'd do a 5 or 6 day run every 3 months. I really hate having to wait until ...next years holidays come round.

It's not a case of jet lag with me.....just LOS withdrawals ....and it takes a lot longer than a week to get over....it takes until the next visit....LOL..

Chock dee Dumsoda :beer: :beer:

Old Hippie said:

I frequently come to BKK for 2-3 days, then back to SFO...shortest trip overthe years has been about 7 hours...usually I make a 2 day trip in Novemeber, or whenever I have 4 days or more off from work, I hit LOS...well worth it!

OH,

Don't you fly for free though? Makes a difference when you say "well worth it". Spending $1000 US for 7 hours in LOS......I don't think so.

Ranger

Archived