Farang Rent-A-Cops in Pattaya

CaptainPike

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NokTang said:

Don't laugh to hard. I caught one of them doing undercover stings out in front of Royal Garden.

This realy gives them a charge, makes them think they are in the movies etc..

cheers.

Nok the Kook

'Pattaya Vice' what a concept! This may be a second chance for Don Johnson. Burt Reynolds would be good too or even Denis Leary. :)

*Theoretically* they are there to help to provide an intermediary between the police and farangs in the cases of disputes. I think they are all supposed to speak Thai. So if you are having, say, a dispute with a (Thai) bar owner, and the police are called, they will come along and try to help (one in your corner, so to speak). As I understand it they are mostly residents/bar owner etc and have little if any formal "powers". (think there is a stick man inteview with one of them somewhere IIRC).

I also remember, from somewhere that they do go "undercover", so to speak - for two things : Drugs and underage. Find it hard to argue about the last of those two......

-j-

yes, and when a T-shirt saying tourist police (or maybe something like that, sorry, can't recall) is considered a uniform?

It may actually be one of those instances where farangs have petitionned authorities to help with the many problems and questions tourits may have in a place like Pattaya, introduced a not so bad idea, and were listened to.

Maybe a power trip for some,, but one without power, as they certainly have to defer to the MIU and real cops dressed in civil clothes.

PS: I would not mind doing undercover work against pedophiles. ::

CaptainPike said:

Recently I was in Pattaya, on Walking Street. I saw these farang quasi tourist police guys with a table set up. Scratched my head: What is up with that? Looked like extras from Police Academy 5. Some sort of morality police? Looked pretty wimpy.

Two years ago i saw two farang police men in Pattaya, they are work for the Thai Tourist Police.

Torneyboy said:

With drugs and underage.....sounds like they can do some good work for the Thai police :up:

They are not qualified to do the work. If they make a mistake and wrongly accuse someone, what happens then? The accused is f-ed by some guy who thinks he is a big shot. It is out of place. The Thai's don't even LIKE FARANGS remember? They just want our money.

cheers.

Nok the Kook

Archived