Farang Rent-A-Cops in Pattaya

CaptainPike

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

As I understand it, the volunteers are not just tourists who have dropped in and put on a black t-shirt for the week, but rather people who live and work in Pattaya.

I think you can strike out work from that statement. Not all that many foregners work legally in Pattaya and those that do probably hever better things to do in their free time than playing cops and robbers.

regards

ALHOLK

It's a bit disappointing, usually the board has good feedback, does any one know what is the status, background (as "farangs Pattaya") and workload of these guys, rather than assuming?

Is it a trade-in with the authorities, in order to keep pattaya less subject to "new order" regulations sweeping the country, by keeping farang delinquents and sleazebags bar-owners on their best behaviour? It sure is a new thing.

Hi!

As I posted before most of those who legally work in Pattaya, Laem Chabang, Ban chang etc. have better things to do with their free time. Especially those who live in Pattaya as they mostley havetheir own businesses.

I do know of cases in the past where farangs have helped the police. I don't think they were working undercover but rather bible thumping arseholes that use their vacation to try to control other peoples lives.

regards

ALHOLK

Every now and then the volonteers get mentioned in Pattaya Mail. This is an article I dug up from July 04.....

Tourist police volunteers receive additional training

More protection and service for region?s tourists

Suchada Tupchai

Over two hundred residents and community leaders who have given their free time to assist local authorities attended the 5th of 8 training seminars for tourist police volunteers. The training seminar, held at the Pattaya Center Hotel was presided over by Surapol Tiensuwan, Banglamung district chief.

Surapol Tiensuwan, Banglamung district chief declared the training seminar officially open.

Department heads from various police units including highway, marine, tourist and forestry departments lectured the volunteers on laws and practical applications.

The Thai government sees the importance of the nation?s tourism industry and as such also recognizes the need to protect the lives and property of visitors, as well as provide service, if Thailand is to become the center for tourism in Asia.

The tourism industry is also seen as a means to improve the country?s economic circumstances and the need for better service and security has become a paramount objective. There are currently 2,000 tourist police volunteers in the program.

Please pay attention if you want to try to take me to task on my posts. I said if he *thinks* its a good idea. A farang *might* be able to point out something like "if you don't stop doing this, that copper there is gonna kick the shit out of you shortly". Yes, if a copper is already assulting some one, then way too late. Whole point is to *prevent* it getting to that stage.

-j-

CaptainPike said:

I saw these farang quasi tourist police guys with a table set up. Looked like extras from Police Academy 5. Some sort of morality police? Looked pretty wimpy.

Probably couldn't get into the St John's Ambulance Brigade? ::Maybe the crossing patrols are full to capacity?

:)

But on a serious note, my ex gf told me not so long ago that I reminded her of the "German guy" out of Police Academy. Scratching my brain to think who she could mean, it turned out she meant "Tackleberry". Fucking hell. What a compliment.

Read the Pattaya Mail for this week Oct 1. Farang bar owner arrested for selling 6 hard-on helpers to an undercover police officer. There is no way this street smart farang sold to a Thai so guess who the undercover cunt was. These dickless wonders are the lowest form of scrotum scum. Limp dick in their own country, limp dick in Thailand but determined to screw somebody.

Pgrin

pgrine said:

Read the Pattaya Mail for this week Oct 1. Farang bar owner arrested for selling 6 hard-on helpers to an undercover police officer. There is no way this street smart farang sold to a Thai so guess who the undercover cunt was. These dickless wonders are the lowest form of scrotum scum. Limp dick in their own country, limp dick in Thailand but determined to screw somebody. Pgrin

***Apparently 'Pgrin' is just another _clueless_ tourist, who need to resort to name calling, and is not fully aware of how much good the volunteers actually do in Pattaya.

In high season the area population increases to over 400,000 and the Pattaya police force is very understaffed. Though I have no desire to be a volunteer cop, I do know many residents that have helped support the force in their free time. Most have jobs and legal work permits and want to better the community. Nearly all speak enough Thai so they can intervene when there is a problem with a farang communicating with the Thai police. They have saved a number of farangs from otherwise going to jail. They have assisted in arresting numerous Thai...and some farang thieves. While undercover work has been assigned, it is only _rarely_ given to the volunteers.

Maybe some day the volunteer police will be the lifeline that saves the miscreant Pgrin's ass.

Archived