Farang Rent-A-Cops in Pattaya

CaptainPike

>I'd rather get rid of undercover buggers than drugs and underage hookers.

To be honest, a 17 year old willingly hawking her ass on walking street does not bother me in the slightest. But how about a 14 year old being forced into it? Or a seven year old? Or a three year old ?(and no, I am not exaggerating).

-j-

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is not what these volunteers do. They bust bars for showing, bust farang bar managers, and bust full service massage establishments
I have seen these guys too, and I have had my doubts about what they are supposed to do and the type of person who would want to be a volunteer farang cop in Pattaya. It does seem like something that would attract the Barney Fifes [sp?] of the world.

I can easily imagine the local authorities using them to bust farang bar managers, but bars that are showing? Most of them are owned by the real police. ::

chelseafan said:

Put it this way, if you had an issue with someone who's just robbed you , then surely its better to be able to approach the farang TP first and let them take up your issues. Personally I think they are a good idea.

So do I, hardly likely to be dragged off for nothing or tapped up for a bribe by these guys. My understanding is they do not even have the right of arrest, they merely assist as go betweens. Doing a public service in Pattaya seems like a dirty phrase to some.

deadringer said:

Far more of that in Cambodia than Pattaya. Seems to be an element of jealousy against these do gooder volunteers, I am not aware of them busting bars or falang managers etc.

err. nope. these guys have gone under cover and busted a few places. look at the posts on thaivisa, flb and other pattaya boards.

but to echo the others, if they do get rid of the underage girls then great. but judging on the letter in the bangkok post in the last week they are only looking at the 'straight' bars and not the gay bars or the loads of freelancers.

but to echo the others, if they do get rid of the underage girls then great. but judging on the letter in the bangkok post in the last week they are only looking at the 'straight' bars and not the gay bars or the loads of freelancers.

They can't touch gay bars. That would be discriminatory. Even Lonely Planet thinks they're OK. :)

>I could think of better things to be doing in Pattaya

Ah yes. The fine achievements of drinking and whoring. And those 7 year olds probably deserved it eh?

As I understand it, the volunteers are not just tourists who have dropped in and put on a black t-shirt for the week, but rather people who live and work in Pattaya. They do not have arrest powers, and they are there (in principal) to help those who get into trouble in their persuit of booze and whores. YOu *might* just be thankful to them one day when some Thai copper thinks it is a good idea to beat the crap out of you....

-j-

Archived