The OFFICIAL October / November / December Theme

Nervous_Dog

CRAP

Three themes tied

SO

October - Character Portraits

November - Temples

December - Spirit Houses

I think by giving three months notice I am also giving those on in frequent trips and scanner problems time to get their piictures in

Thanks for voting

Remeber - no prizes (Sorry Stick and others) unless minium 20 entries, two per person MAX!

DOG

A portrait is a representation of a person, their self, their inner and outer self.

How you choose to represent that to the satisfaction of those judging (Anyone) is up to you.

Of course this raises the problem you yourself pointed out before, everyone here is a judge, regardless of ability (which I think personally ANYONE can judge) or technical prowess (Needed if you have coonditions in the theme or competition)

DOG

Thanks N_D,

Now I know what a portrait is ... but, at the risk of sounding uneducated, can you enlighten me as to exactly what constitutes a "character portrait?" :dunno:

I do understand that there a lot of characters out there. Are you looking for a portrait of a character, or a portrait of a person who has character? ... and, if so, how would you define "character?"

:dunno::spin:

Any portrait should in essance be a character portait, kinda like saying ATM Machine, you've already said M for machine.

Portraits should (I am in the no rule camp though, hence the should) show by the work of art, about the person it is representing, hence it should show the character of that perrson, are they a strong looking man whose softie with a great sence of humour (N Pete for example!)

Do they have a great sence of humour, but a flash temper (That ND Bloke)

Are they secretly gay (OH)

Get the idea, show a bit about the person;s personality

DOOG

Unfeasable, for privacy reasons, but I must say that mugs of certain members would definitely explain a lot!!!!! I don't mean all bad (though.....), there's a funny expression coming of a guy's face when shot with his thai wife/GF/BG, like sometimes, 75% happyhappy, 10% perplexity, and 15% stuffed cariboo head (trophy)! The girl looks together, mai me panna!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Archived