BGs scamming, lying.. Why so little rip-offs then?

pattaya127

you cannot conclude that the limited reports of outright robbery on this board means that BGs scam far less than we think

----------------------

missed that one. I concluded nothing of the sort, and actually said it made no difference if the board has few reports, we, who've been hanging long enough, all have tons of buddies to catch any drift.

Actually, talking about bar culture, the case of BG, FL scamming, robbing one another is more commonly heard. Usualy from smarter older ones who have passed their prime date, and outsmart the younger ones (that motherly feeling chicks respond so well to), or plain "uglies" (the type that sleeps with anyone, do little shady dealings) who envy the luckier ones and do the sob story, but to the girl they befriended, not a guy, this time. Ask around, you'll see.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

I gave a BG (pre MrsLP) on Koh Samui my bungalow room keys to collect a wad of notes I'd stuffed in a shoe in my suitcase (gave her combi number for lock and room key of course), also pick up my camara, she came back to the bar to ensure the party continued...she called me lazy :: but didn't steal anything :)

pattaya127 said:

you pay too much attention to what they say.

Moreover, why should a grown up man be wary of chicks who could be his daughter, and maybe grand-D?

pattaya127, forgive me, but I'm having trouble following your logic.

First you don't seem to understand the difference between liers and criminals; now, you somehow concluded that I am wary of the Thai BGs. For chrissakes, how do you make these bizarre leaps?

Yeah, BGs are liers and scammers. I am not judgemental, I am just stating what seems to be quite clearcut fact. What I do not understand us why some people want to live in denial about it.

pattaya127 said:

Sorry if you look the part of a guy every girl feels like if repeating ad nauseam a little sob story, you may open your wallet. I gather that a few here find it all inocuous, unconsequential talk, a "bruit de fond" as we say in french.

Man oh man, so Gadfly doesn't agree with your portrayal of BGs as cute little innocent paragons of virtue, and that makes him look the part of a sucker?

Like you said, many on this board take the lies and scams for what they are. We're not wary of the BGs, we don't fear them, we may even enjoy a laugh or two, with them, about their sob stories and suckers who fall for them. But we're not wearing pink colored glasses and plastic banana noses.

pattaya127 said:

PS:Suadum did not comment on the Bgs as much as he commented on the rollex "scam".

Seems to me that Suadum's story clearly illustrated the absurdity of your original assertion that, "If their frame of mind was so, even considering some are smart enough not to be outright criminals, it should transfer, collectively, in a lot of dishonest practices like petty theft, theft, targeting to steal, any method, reported here."

we don't fear them, we may even enjoy a laugh or two, with them, about their sob stories and suckers who fall for them.

-----------------------------

back to square one: then why is it so important to define them a liars, scammers a dozen times more than the part of enjoying a laugh with them about it?

Show me where Suadum made one comment about girls on this thread, even by deduction.

It's not about rose-tinted glasses. I have probably been scammed a lot more than you did. I walked into it, I meant to do what I did, I even insisted to "help", because i had the hot for the chick, or wanted to help. In retrospect, it would have been easy to say no, and i have only myself to blame. You guys underestimate the self-convincing that goes into a lot of guys brains. The girls don't do over-kill on this, the guy does. He'll come back to ask for more.

Anyway, out of 17 years of hanging around punters and chicks in and outside of the scene, it's only on this board that I hear that same drone sound. You may not be in real life, but some you guys sound like masochists or real squares here , I am sorry to say. I believe the punters are not outside of the scene, they are part of it, and save a few ones, certainly not preys. Glad we have guys like Sayjann who find only cause to celebration, partaking there. Pretty refreshing, at times.

pattaya127 said:

back to square one: then why is it so important to define them a liars, scammers a dozen times more than the part of enjoying a laugh with them about it?

Because they are. The fact that I can laugh about it doesn't change it. Neither does the fact that they (generally) do not steal.

Back at you--why is it so important to deny it?

pattaya127 said:

Show me where Suadum made one comment about girls on this thread, even by deduction.

Suadum illustrated that which seems obvious to most people--that being a "scammer" and a lier doesn't automatically make one a thief and criminal. Yes, his story involved Rolex sellers, but why is it so difficult to see that the same principle applies to BGs, punters, etc.?

pattaya127 said:

You guys underestimate the self-convincing that goes into a lot of guys brains.

Dude, do you EVER [color:"red"]listen[/color]? No one underestimates anything here, no one is scared of the BGs, and no one is weary of the BGs. Yes, it is easy to laugh their lies off.

pattaya127 said:

You may not be in real life, but some you guys sound like masochists or real squares here...

Well, we're going 'round and 'round. I give up. Over and out.

Back at you--why is it so important to deny it?

------------------------------------------------------

Not denying it, just saying it's unimportant banter on their part. As you say yourself, actually.

Suadum is one of the few who desn't go on and on about Bgs being scammers, liers, etc... It's just not a very important point to make, and especially, repeat.

and no one is weary of the BGs.

-----------------------------------

actually, the constant repetition of it is to remind people to be weary of them. Not sure what would be the reason, otherwise?

The problem is, that people with a bit of in-depth knowledge about their BG, or have a no-scam RS with their GF, are not posting their experiences anymore, since the barstool brigade is so unrelently refusing to give them one inch on the possibility it's exactly as it seems to them.

Hey, I am too severe, i admit the 101 IS a fun course, just remember some have passed it a long time ago, and others need no reminders.

mea culpa, summed it up before and should have stayed at:

"They're a good bunch, really, on the whole. We give them too much rap on this board, IMO. I'll count at under one out of ten the ones who try to make me feel sorry for them, and one out of a hundred the one who "loves" me and wants me to rescue her from her "wretched" life.

Actually, they're both pretty tough and matter of fact, I still think it's the farang who wants to "save" them, first, and eventually volunteers sponsoring. If he gives them an hint of that, hard to blame them for obliging him. One of the options, definitely.

If that's still illogical, there's a 101 course starting soon on premises. Everyday, actually! :)

Archived