BGs scamming, lying.. Why so little rip-offs then?

pattaya127

Back to the original post......I think your frame of reference is all wrong and needs to be calibrated. You are trying to understand Thai ways through a Western filter.

Western Ho's tend to be the type of characters you speak of because they get into the profession for different reasons (drugs, character flaw, parental abuse, criminal nature etc.). Poor Thai girls have FAR fewer options. Some of the bargirls I have met in Thailand are better human beings than MANY people I meet in the western world who are supposedly "respectable" by all outward appearances and by all western standards!

I think it is an important distinction that many westerners have trouble understanding. Generally, a Thai 'Ho' is not the same thing, from a socio-economic perspective, as a Western 'Ho' IMHO.

And about the apparent paradox of Thai's finding theft unacceptable while trying to sell knock off Rolex watches as real. Again, I think you have to remove your western filter. Thai's make a very clear distinction between taking your money directly from your hand as opposed to stealing it directly from your wallet.

Buddhism teaches them that if they work hard and sell their fake rolex watches (any way they can) they may come back as royalty or at least as something better than what they are now. If they steal peoples money they may come back as a cockroach. I think many other religions can learn a thing or two from Buddhism.

But what do I know, I'm just some guy.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived