Tom Yam Kung

SiLeakHunt

Seen it and it was quite good. Great action scenes and the main actor is indeed awesome. Gotta love the way he opens the doors during the whole movie, with others head and body.

Dunno about DVDs but it was showing with english subtitles in the BKK main theaters. Might be late now.

Stongly recommended, almost went to watch it again!

Hi,

You are the first person I have heard who had anything good to say about it. Have heard comments from about half a dozen people on this movie and they all agreed it sucked.

Only just recently saw Ong Bak and thought that sucked too, and seeing that people say TYK is worse, I doubt I'll ever bother watching it.

Sanuk!

Well... I was a Jacky Chan fan untill he got too old to do acrobatic movies. Tom yam Kung is very much on the same spirit and Tony Ja is holding the comparison when it comes to physical prowess. They found amazing western characters for interesting fight scene (a string of the them in a burning and flooded temple, visually very strong). Story has no interest whatsover but that doesn't really matter. Jacky Chan is getting old, Jet Li hasn't to much to show and I'm glad to see a new asian fighting star.

Besides forgot the name of the short bold swerting bloke with see in a lot of thai moviesbut find him quite funny.

"...Besides forgot the name of the short bold swerting bloke with see in a lot of thai moviesbut find him quite funny...."

The guy who played the cop? Yeah, that guy is funny, and frankly made the movie. Tony Ja is is ok as an actor, and great as a martial artist, but the scenes went on to long, and lacked the "pizaaz" of Jackie Chan, not to mention the comedy element of some of his scenes (Jackie's).

Not much point watching these sort of fight movies in the first place if you don't like them. I don't like them much myself but as they go I though ong bak, which I watched today better than most. I detest those poorly made Bruce Lee ones and the Vann Damm ones. At least Ong Bak was minus those impossible and annoying flying scenes you see in the chinese films and ones like crouching tiger.

• 2 weeks later...

These types of movies arent about the plot, it's about the action. I quite liked it, and the skills of Tony Jaa more than make up for the cheezy 80's rollerblade/bmx fight crew and the blatant advertising mixed in. I acutally found the latter pretty funny...the girl chastizing her boyfriend about buying a pirated DVD is classic!

Archived