Good books Thai/farang r'ships, eg Private Dancer

voodoo31

enigma said:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by Thai/farang "relationships," but I was skimming a book the other day co-written by a Thai/farang couple. On each left page it has an English discussion on a topic about relationships, with each right page having the Thai translation. I didn't catch the title, but it seemed to be a good idea for those who are actually in a "relationship" with a TG, i.e. it's not a typical farang rant about "those evil BGs."

This sounds like "Thailand Fever." For the record, the authors themselves are not a couple. Both have their own relationships. I agree, it is not a "say all" about relationships (see my post above), but in generel terms, it isn't bad, worth a look!

"...Another book, although not fiction, I read was "It's all about the money' written by an Aussie guy based on his experiences in Pattaya and his tips for farang getting involved with bar girls..."

Do you mean "Money first?" Or am I confusing this with yet another book?

I met up with Chris, the male author of the book over dinner here in Bangkok a few months back, and he impressed me. He was not at all what I expected, but he sure was thoughtful and while I also didn?t agree with everything he wrote, you could say that what was in the book was based on solid judgment and thinking.

Oh yeah, it was that. I also liked the idea that it was written in Thai as well, so the girls can read it and maybe get an idea of where we are comming from. I think Chris is on his way to Mae Hong Son now. We had his going away party a few weeks back. Nice guy! I think he also designed a piece of language software for Palm Pilots.

Archived