speak thai and were finnished

FAT_AUSSIE

There's an English chap from Yorkeshire who has a house not far from mine in Uttaradit, Hat Ngio, some time before I met him I asked my wife if this fellow could speak Thai, the answer was no and that his wife of 5-6 years would not teach him and did'nt want him to learn so he's unable to know what is being said/goin on.

Is this because his wife want's to control him, or perhaps is she up to thing's she does'nt want him to learn/ be told of?

I find especially in the country the people are friendly enough but when they dont speak English they don't want to speak at all(scared). This guy is forced to live with his parents, works hard 12 hours /day back in the UK to provide for his family and has been good enough to not only support her and her two children but give her a little boy and girl as well.

Why would this woman be like this to somebody who has gone without to give her so much. I feel sad for him, his little boy speaks no English and I have to tell the father what his son is saying in Thai?...

My wife tried this with me at first but with time I could'nt help but picking it up but earlier on in our R/S I told her that I wanted to make a concerted effort to learn and she told me if I did she would leave me???

What is wrong with these people???

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A frequent poster to this board who speaks fluent Thai resists showing it off when he enters a bar, he justs acts his normal self. He can pretty quickly determine the character of the girls, listening to them talk about him.

If they are particularly rude and callous, he'll make a comment to them in Thai as he gets up and leaves, quite enjoying the stunned looks on their faces.

Even not understanding a lot of Thai, one can play the same game, I find it relatively easy to get an idea of what people are saying without actually understanding the words.

And often if you throw a that phrase in early in the piece but then only speak English, they'll accord you some respect as they think you know a lot of Thai. "Pom ben puchai boorisuht Krap" normally gets a laugh. (translates as something like "I'm just a little virgin boy" )

Cheers

Coss

A frequent poster to this board who speaks fluent Thai resists showing it off when he enters a bar, he justs acts his normal self. He can pretty quickly determine the character of the girls, listening to them talk about him.

Although I'm far from fluent, this is my MO whilst on the prowl as well.. Play dumb, (comes natural to some!) and apart from a few of the usual bar phrases, I pretend I don't understand. Mainly because if a real conversation in Thai ocurs, chances are I'll be left far behind, but if after information, this is the best play IMO.

There's nothing wrong with these people, they are just on their own agenda operating under different rules of engagement. Once one accepts this and goes about beating them at their own game, you become the leader and they (girls) fall right into line if they are truely interested in a meaningful relationship. Otherwise, they are gone.

U2B

Archived