Ono: Paul Can't Sing

Torneyboy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allegedly, Yoko decided she was going to marry a Beatle ... any Beatle. She first made the moves on George, who laughed her off. Then she went after John -- and snagged him.

Yoko was a known flake. My dad's secretary was a Scouser and somewhere along the line lived in the same building as Yoko -- in London maybe? Anyway, the secretary told us that Yoko had decided she was an artist. One day she asked to borrow the secretary's step ladder. She failed to return it, and several weeks later the secretary went to see an art show put on by Yoko. There was her step ladder ... painted up and with things piled on it! I don't think she ever got her step ladder back.

BelgianBoy said:

Ono was always a cunt.

:up:

Talentless screaming bitch versus the guy who wrote or co-wrote Hey Jude, Penny Lane, Yesterday, Let it be, I saw her standing there, She loves you, Can't buy me love, Blackbird, Maybe I'm Amazed, Live and Let Die, We can work it out, Ticket to ride, Lady Madonna, She's Leaving Home, For No One, Eleanor Rigby...

The last three especially destroy the myth that Paul couldn't do meaningful beautiful lyrics. You could write the words of each of those songs down and they'd still stand up on their own even without the music.

As for his voice, listen to him singing "I'm Down", "Long Tall Sally", "Kansas City" or "Lady Madonna" and tell me he can't sing.

As you said, she's a cunt.

Guest lazyphil

Well said :applause: :applause:....btw i just heard on the car radio end of the line/travelling wilburys, another great beatles (with others of course, tom petty?)off shoot tune like mull of kintyre/wings ::....i'm going there one of these days, its a must do before i snuff it!

again, not nagging at Sir paul's songwriting abilities, but:

1) except for 2, all the songs you cite are Beatles period. I mean, John (George too, not long though), wrote songs afterwards that can easily top, for many, the ones he wrote with the Beatles.

2) If I am correct, each one (save Ringo ::) sang the songs they wrote. "She loves you" (my fav') and "ticket to ride", are John's.

Guest lazyphil

Lennon V Elvis?...people drone on about oh Elvis couldn't write his own stuff and Lennon did, so what????, well Nigel Kennedy or Vennesa May didn't compose the greats, Mozart did and Beethoven did, get my point (off topic a littun bit)

Archived