Ono: Paul Can't Sing

Torneyboy

Sir George Martin had more effect on the Beatles than Sir John, imo. ::

Even then, I think George Martin's input into the Beatles can be overrated by some. He helped them interpret things, yes, but he couldn't write the music - he didn't have the same spark of genius. To anyone that doubts it, try listening to the 2nd side of the Yellow Submarine album which is all his. :o

Ringo - everyone would get along with Ringo on a daily basis!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sir George Martin had more effect on the Beatles than Sir John

--------------------

Age......I have had memory lapses more frequently since turning 50! At least i did not say Steve Martin! that's for my 60th, with hope! :D

Well, none of their influence can be over-rated, since it coalesced into a great combination whose sum was larger than its parts.

If I recall, LET IT BE was the first non-G.M. produced Beatles record. Even considering they were at a very low end, it shows!

er....Only 2 left :( :( :( :( :(

Oh, I don't know - I like Let It Be. The title track, Get Back, I've Got A Feeling, etc. John couldn't be arsed at that point so not that much contribution from him.

Roughly, I think of it this way: John had more of my favourite inspirational moments (Strawberry Fields Forever, A Day In The Life, the vocals on Twist And Shout) whereas Paul was more consistent, writing a higher volume of Beatles classics (Penny Lane, Hey Jude, a lot of the better stuff on the White Album).

Archived