your favorite Beatle?

pattaya127

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted "The Band"

My infant years were in the sixties and the Beatles and Stones never seemed to leave the turntables at the time, at the time it was subliminal music.

It was probably post punk / pre-goth early uni days that I actualy sat down and "listened" to the beatles, whilst trying to survive on a pittance but the new found freedom of being away form home and without fear of my mother "accidently finding my stash" whilst putting socks in my room I decided to give them a real listening to.

I could not say that any member of the band was more important than another at the time the recordings were made, I was analysing it 10+ years after the event. You can hear the influence of each band member within most tunes, probably more due to retrospect and listening to Beatles with the knowledge of their later works. They would have still been as successful with Pete Sucliffe.

The lyricist / vocalist scenario was well documented in "A Day in a Life" on Sgt Peppers, Lennon / McCartney let their artitsitic differances be know and recoreded it for mortality. The section of that tune you prefer the most defines if you are on the Lennon or McCartney side of the argument.

Now if the vote had of been "Who is your Favourite Beatle Post-Beatles" LENNON

Hate McCunty, he cunt sing to save himself and when he drones on it all sounds like lollypop trash, Mull Kuntyre, Fuck 'im

Lennon, some cool songs, but also up himself and I hope Ono's sphincter!

George, coz he could be a dam good musician when a llowedd, more into the hippie shit drugs than lennon, so he's my number 2

And number 1, Ringo! He's the only one with a great sence of humour, likes to fuck the most, can be a muso, I like him best, and he ain't up hiself, unlike the McCuny and Lennon people

DOG

And number 1, Ringo!

----------------------------

and the funny thing, the least musical of the Beatles, and his wife's name is....Bach! :)

Anyone saw that book released last year, of the postcards the 4 sent to each other when apart, or even disbanded. Ringo had a full stack of them, could not believe they alawys arrived to their destination, the names were not disguised.

Archived