Keeping wine cool.

Zaad

Hi,

Since a few weeks I started collecting wine, well...always have actually but it's growing a lot as of late and the problem is that I might have to find a new way to keep the wine in a cool place.

I used to keep it just in a room where the airco would keep it cool half a day, I know, not THE solution but worked OK.

Now I won't use the airco in said room and am afraid the quality of the wine will decrease considerably due to the LOS temperatures.

Any ideas on how to keep your wine cool in LOS.

I might need to drink it...

Thanks!

Thanks for the link, liquidflux.

I find them kind of pricey though.

10.000 Bahtfor a cheaper model (20 bottles only)

I could buy a few good bottles for that price :drunk:

Another possibility is not to have a big collection and go to Villa market on a weekly basis for my wine.

But kind of lazy.

Zaad said:

I used to keep it just in a room where the airco would keep it cool half a day, I know, not THE solution but worked OK.

Thats even worse for the wine...... its the temperature fluctuations that kill the wine..... if you cannot cool the wine or keep it at 14-16 C, at least do keep it in a temperature stable enviroment and in the dark.

BB

Old Hippie said:

Could you get a second refrigerator, and just turn it down a bit (as in not keep it so cold)? It would be cheaper, and more versatile than a wine cooler.

VERY bad idea. Lack of humidy will dry out the cork and spoil the wine.

A good wine cellar will control temp and humidity. If you have a serious collection (e.g. storing wine for 5-10 years, or more) a wine cellar is a must.

Here in Farangland, there are large commercial wine storage facilities that will lease out space to individuals. Don't know if that is an option in BKK.

Archived