US civil rights icon Rosa Parks dies at 92

Phil is Right.

there is a difference between Invasion and Occupation.

1066 was the last time the UK was Invaded and Colonized.

yes there has been attempts to Invade us since but the bulldog spirit chucked the Invaders out.

Scotland made a few tentative attempts over the Years but never succedded to rule.

how mant times have the English crossed the Channel to Invade France only to withdraw?.

many Centuries ago the issues involved were sorted out by diplomacy.

with the onset of modern warfare in the 20th Century things changed.

Germany Invaded many Countries and they won because the Countries laid down and relied on the Allies to bale them out.

but in the end they never colonized the Countries involved.

Russia has been invaded by Napoleon and Hitler,but who were the losers?...............

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you too , might have more respect for the pioneers of the country you are living in

------------------------------------

Not sure why answering Flasher means disrespect to Rosa Parks. A bit far-fteched of a conclusion, I'd say.

Funnily, I got interested in politics by devouring every article and book I could find about black american history. I watched the 68 games, and the awesome display of pride (as i saw it , being 13) from Tommy Smith and John Carlos was what started my interest and first idea of what constitutes civil rights. I had a poster of these fists up for years on my bedroom wall.

The events relative to racial segregation, desegregations and subsequent struggles were quite often commented in the french press, and leftist zines. My first politico reading was Malcolm X' s speeches.

There was a documentary on the guy out last year, when it came out. I have not read the book, though.

Lately, I have read portions of one about the religious right. Not sure if i should laugh or cry, these guys could give lessons in fundamentalism to the Bin Laden cohort. I don't trust american's sense of politics, but I trust they fear any type of zealotry that puts the ancient laws of one's God totally above individual liberties. For now, I choose to laugh. Stay aware!

Archived