US civil rights icon Rosa Parks dies at 92

Guest lazyphil

<<Many of them were pissed off at the fact that we were neutral during the war. The are totally overlooking the fact that we were neutral because we were never invaded. If Norway and Denmark hadn't been invaded they would most likely have been neutral too.>>

UK was not invaded since 1066. We should have let the Nazis march through Europe, kept our nose out of it, saved alot of our lives. ::

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard an interesting interview on the radio with claudette colbin who was arrested and convicted of refusing to give up her seat months before parks, and was initially taken up by the civil rights movement. They dropped her for several reasons-too young and outspoken, she got pregnant against her will and she was seen as too black!. Parks only did what other people had done before and three other women took the bus compnay to court to have segregation declared unconstitiutional. Colbin did not get invited to the 25th aniversary of the boycott of the buses, shame. Parks was light skined and quiet, a 'good darkie' in the eyes of white america.

Guest lazyphil

i said the uk, anyway, everyone invades here then tells us how fucking great aberdeen is or sydney is etc....fark off back there if its so fucking wonderful, here, i'll buy the ticket!

Hi!

How did the swedes get the ball bearings to UK?

They were shipped. Most likely from Gothenburg as that was (is) where they were made. Most of the ships was Brittish but also a fair number of Swedish seamen lost their lives on the North Sea.

regards

ALHOLK

Guest lazyphil

<<Testy this morning Phil? no fish?>>

hehe....can you explain to me why we have a scottish chanceler in the house of commons, gordon brown, and the jocks would never ever allow an english one in the scottish parliment, pretty fucked up if you ask me!

Archived