Windows Me: No Thai keyboard!!

I just discovered that, unlike windows 98, Windows Me does not allow Thai language use on the keys! Any one know what I should do so I can enable my keys for Thai? Thanks.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I open "My Computer", "Control Panel", then 2click the keyboard Icon; hit the "Language" then "Add" tabs. Here, in Me, there is no "Thai" to select...Guess I will go to the Windows Update website. Maybe they'll have something.

The post about going to "View"

and "encoding", etc. in the browser is just to view web pages in Thai.

quote:

Originally posted by daeng bireley:

In windows explorer, go to the pull down menu 3rd from left "view" click on it, go down to "encoding" then across to "thai(windows)" click on that, should start downloading fonts.

Did that, still tells me it cannot conect to required server.. It is driving me crazy! I will upgrade to win. 2000 or ME not sure it will help...

quote:

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Try going Start->Control Panel->Add/Remove programs->Windows Setup and add Multilanguage support. Thai may be one of the languages you can add.

O.k. did that, Thai is not an option. The main problem is, I keep getting a message telling me I can't connect to the server or internet, because it is unavailable or busy, and to check my connections. Is it possible my version of Win. 98 is not compatible with Thai? But lists several e. european languages, but nothing Asian. I downloaded some Japanese and Chinese and Korean stuff, but that doesn't connect either, same message...This one has 'em all baffled!

Archived